Yos' SLC Build Thread

It's kind of a pain to do, but a little easier in the inverted position. Here's a pretty good article for a 996 Turbo install:Porsche 996TT Clutch/RMS Oil Leak Part 2 RennsportKC | RennsportKC

I'd do it with the engine out of the car and a second set of hands.

Tim

Does anybody have a link to a clutch fork install tutorial? If I can find some pics and instructions for the standard Porsche install that'd be great too. I'll figure out the inverted part from there. I guess anything would help...

Also...should I do it with the motor in the car or out?

Here's a quick teaser pic of the motor as it sits right now. I'm in the process of some more "fit and finish" work...

20130423190556.jpg

Some bling back from painters....

20130526200826.jpg

Also! I no longer have to be cramped in my one car garage. The SLC's new home was completed yesterday. Well almost completed...I still need to install the AC, drywall, tile, etc...

20130605093422.jpg

Any updates Yos? Love following this build!

I'm working on it Matt...I've just been swamped. :drunk:

Im just doing the little tinker stuff before the body goes on for the final time...and paint. I'll have some cool pics up soon!

Hey guys...I've got no cool updates :thumbsdown:

I've been slowly tinkering with things as I've searched for someone that can handle the entire body work portion of my build. I don't have a shop where I can easily get the body on and off yet...but I'm getting to the point where I need it on. So...I'm prepping to just have the body 100% completed. There's some stuff I just can't do without the body placed on the chassis. It really is my next big step.

I'm happy to say I'm now planning to ship the car to CT soon for my bodywork. Its's a huge relief to have that sorted out. I know countless painters and body work guys...but just haven't gotten comfortable yet. From the beginning...I never wanted to do anything related to the body at all. Glass, lights, weather stripping...none of it. Allan is the man for all of that stuff...and he does beautiful work.

The kids' stockings are gonna be light this Christmas...I've got shipping costs to cover! :uhoh:

Oh...and I've totally changed my color scheme...I think.

Hope you are OK Yos....?

Yeah I think so...Thanks Fran. Had a scare this morning...but I guess it was just a reminder I'm not 21 and bulletproof anymore. I'm falling apart...but they're tuning me up!

I called my doctor brother...I'm sure you can imagine how helpful that was. He usually just says "I don't know what to tell you...you're probably gonna die bitch..."

Yeah I think so...Thanks Fran. Had a scare this morning...but I guess it was just a reminder I'm not 21 and bulletproof anymore. I'm falling apart...but they're tuning me up!

I called my doctor brother...I'm sure you can imagine how helpful that was. He usually just says "I don't know what to tell you...you're probably gonna die bitch..."

I don't doubt he would say that one bit! I know him remember...

Thank you Ricardo. Allan sent me an email with a link. I wasn't sure exactly what it was at first, and waiting those few seconds for the page to load was like Xmas morning as a kid. Very cool...

Hey guys!

I got my car back from Allan about a month or two ago...and I'm getting some minor things finished up on the car before the interior goes in.

Allan posted a video of the car a while back so I figured I'd share it here with you guys. Getting close....

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OatN2aSlXlY[/ame]

Back