Yos' SLC Build Thread

Michael Fling

Supporter
Ordered my Reflect-a-Gold 36 sq' today. I may cover my toilet with it for now in anticipation of the car coming in July. I really would love a description of your application technique- especially at corners and joints.

Hey guys...quick question. I know we don't bolt down the roll cage until the body is fit for the final time to make sure everything lines up correctly. Can I install the rear bulkhead permanently now without fitting the body? Is there anything that may creep up? I'd like to get that covered and finished.

Also...is it necessary to pressure test the fuel tank before install? Fool proof method???

Nice setup so far Yos. Cant wait to hear that LS9 purrrrrrr

Thanks! You and me both!

Hey guys...quick question. I know we don't bolt down the roll cage until the body is fit for the final time to make sure everything lines up correctly. Can I install the rear bulkhead permanently now without fitting the body? Is there anything that may creep up? I'd like to get that covered and finished.

Also...is it necessary to pressure test the fuel tank before install? Fool proof method???

Thanks! You and me both!

Yos I would pressure test the tank for sure. Plug all the holes and add about 3 to 4 lbs of air, no more then that or you will have cracks, spray soapy water on all the welds and watch for bubbles. I had about 1/4 pound of Alum bits and pieces in mine so make sure you really clean it out.

Hey Guys...I have another question for you. The guy that I asked to weld on the steering adapter left it about 1/2" from bottoming out. (I was hoping he was going to push it all the way on, but I think he left himself room to tack it) Anyways...I feel like my wheel might be too far away from the control sticks. It's driving me f'ing nuts.

What do you guys think? If it looks fairly close to what it should be, and you guys think it's alright...then I'll leave it alone. If it looks too far off then I'm going to source another steering column and quick release. Hopefully Fran has one to sell. What a waste of time...

imag241744.jpg

imag2416.jpg

Yos. Pm me. I have mine that is not modified we might be able to trade if it can work. I also might have another stock one you can have if I can find it.

Yos. Pm me. I have mine that is not modified we might be able to trade if it can work. I also might have another stock one you can have if I can find it.

Thanks Troy! I just sent you a PM...

He should have pushed it in all the way. Appears to be 1/2-3/4 inches too far out.

That's exactly what I figured too. Even a whole inch wouldn't hurt. Damn it... :furious:

Yos, sorry about the crappy photo attached, but 2.5" to stalk feels good. If it's too close your knuckles will hit it during "aggressive" driving.

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 292
Thanks Mike...That's really close to where mine is. My stalk is a little closer to the 2.75" mark though. That being said...your quick release looks much closer to the column than mine does (Maybe even an inch or more)

But our stalk to wheel distance is within 1/4"???

Looks way closer than mine in the pic...

img38542.jpg

Looks like Troy beat me to the punch, but just in case, I have my original unmodified column available too. I ended up ordering an ididit column rendering the supplied XLR column useless to me.

Back