ZF gearbox clutch lever wanted

Peter Barnes

Supporter
Hi, help please, I am looking for a clutch lever, either original style or one of the Safir type or even a Pantera one which I can work with.

Thanks, Peter

. clutch lever.jpg

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi,
This is a pic of one of mine, clutch arm and slave cylinder is from Southern GT

A26B1029-99A8-42F6-AC90-9B4D0E04D2B1.jpeg

Perhaps its an option for you in UK.

Otherwise Safir or Cushman Racing in the US might be an option.

Good luck
Morten

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I found one a few years ago, the following photos show the 'lug' being brazed onto the arm.

Attachments

• clutch arm 5.jpg
    clutch arm 5.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 204
  • clutch arm 6.jpg
    clutch arm 6.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 207
  • clutch arm 7.jpg
    clutch arm 7.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 218
  • clutch arm 8.jpg
    clutch arm 8.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 214
  • clutch arm 9.jpg
    clutch arm 9.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 199

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Hello Peter,

I think... ( i need to check ), i have a couple left over i had cast and broached, from restoration projects.
You can check them out here, along with other correct period original restoration parts. I believe i may
also have some of the ancillary parts, like clutch stop etc. These have not broken in serious usage.

Perhaps best to contact me through my website.

Best
Andrew

Peter Barnes

Supporter
Hello Peter,

I think... ( i need to check ), i have a couple left over i had cast and broached, from restoration projects.
You can check them out here, along with other correct period original restoration parts. I believe i may
also have some of the ancillary parts, like clutch stop etc. These have not broken in serious usage.

Perhaps best to contact me through my website.

Best
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have looked at the lever on your website. It differs from the one in the parts list drawing above. I believe there were slight differences. I see Andy (Doc) had to alter his to accommodate the stop you mention .
However I am interested, how much do you want for one ?

Thank you , regards, Peter

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Well, the 'Father' of that casting came off a recognised P chassis that was entirely unmolested. You know, the parts book is not entirely correct. If you look closely, the sketches of some parts are not the exact part that was eventually used by FAV. As per our original chassis drawings, racing deadlines drove the show, not updating drawings with revisions. After all, these cars were not deemed likely to last more than a season.

However, i have checked the parts sketch, i see no major differences.

Please contact me through the website.

Back