zimmerman/martin case

marc

Lifetime Supporter
What is up with this back to the future crap about race. The only race I care for is one with 2 or 4 wheels (screw the truck racing, LOL). Yall are hearing the bitching by the black race, the mexican race, the islamic "race", the white race, the jewish "race", and them darn brits (congrats royals on another add to the elite). Stop thumping your chest, robbing and looting, and being victims of yourselves and get up and go work. Get a job. Be a good person male or female. Pay it forward, stop letting the past get in the way of your life. Too much time is wasted on BS, PS, and PMS. Quit with the Gansta and a Playa and be a winner and a mentor.
Trayvon rest in peace and yall leave Zimmerman to his own. He has to live with the nightmare of killing someone, even though he was absolved of the act.

Stop quoting the law, because you can read it in the dark alley when the sh1t hits the fan. Our President doesn't follow the law. Every day he chooses what to uphold and what to ignore. No matter if we vote on it or legislate it. Anyone figure he can't count and will try to have a third term?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Pete
pucker up and ...
I been to you neck the woods and you wouldn't get what happens here. There is a constant terror in the cities. Its too expensive to live in Australia, and yall are all a bunch of liberals that tax yourselves to oblivion. Come to America, hang out in Harlem or Detroit or anywhere they serve up the drugs and see it live and in person, you may not survive it, but then you would have a clue.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Maybe for countryfolk from "Grapevine TX" there is "constant terror in the cities" but for those of us who actually live and work and travel to the cities, reports of race wars and whitey gettin' killed are grossly exaggerated. Get out of your Hicksville bubble and see the world, and then you might have a clue.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What is up with this back to the future crap about race. The only race I care for is one with 2 or 4 wheels (screw the truck racing, LOL). Yall are hearing the bitching by the black race, the mexican race, the islamic "race", the white race, the jewish "race", and them darn brits (congrats royals on another add to the elite). Stop thumping your chest, robbing and looting, and being victims of yourselves and get up and go work. Get a job. Be a good person male or female. Pay it forward, stop letting the past get in the way of your life. Too much time is wasted on BS, PS, and PMS. Quit with the Gansta and a Playa and be a winner and a mentor.
Trayvon rest in peace and yall leave Zimmerman to his own. He has to live with the nightmare of killing someone, even though he was absolved of the act.

Stop quoting the law, because you can read it in the dark alley when the sh1t hits the fan. Our President doesn't follow the law. Every day he chooses what to uphold and what to ignore. No matter if we vote on it or legislate it. Anyone figure he can't count and will try to have a third term?

Jesus the stupid is strong lately.

How about we shit on Texans for 400 years, make them work for free, break up their families, kill and rape them whenever we want since they are property, deny them education and teh right to vote, and then, in 2413, we emancipate them, and after 40 years expect them to think everything is hunky dory.

Might be good for Texas, way too much self-important bullshit down there.

My dad has a good friend his age (early 70's) who has an interesting outlook on the history of slavery and civil rights.

One day at work, my father being in one of his smartass moments and seeing Wilbur was already agitated about something at work (they worked for the Dept of Army at a research lab, both level GS-14's IIRC), dad decided to stir the pot.

He asked Wilbur, "Since you're an African-American, what do you think of all of this African-Americans looking for reparations for slavery?"

Wilbur's response was priceless... "Bud, if you EVER call me an African-American again, I will knock block off. I am an American who is black. I was born here, my parents were born here, their parents were born here and keep going. My family is from Maryland, not Africa. Maybe if there were any records to determine what tribe my ancestors were stolen from BY OTHER BLACK AFRICANS (then sold to Europeans), maybe I would embrace African culture. But since I can't determine what area, in Africa they came from, I'm not going to claim I do, NOR will I attach African symbols to me. Areas and cultures of Africa are so different that they have been fighting for thousands of years. Libyans, South Africans, Masai are all African, but not one would like to be associated/called another.

Now what happened to my ancestors was awful and wrong, BUT a positive result of that, is I was born in one the greatest countries in the world. A country of unlimited opportunity for those willing to work for it.

Now about reparations, anyone who was a slave here, sure, pay them. But since no one who is bitching about reparations WAS a slave, shut up and get a job. These people are lazy and are looking for a free lunch. If they spend half the time WORKING instead of complaining, they would be productive members of society.
These people who are complaining about our ancestors being slaves and wanting payment for something that didn't happen to them, need to either: shut up, this isn't the 1600-1800's or even early 1900's; Or they need to give up their Rebok's, Cadillac's X-box 360's, air conditioning, running water and move back to the jungles of Africa. You know I worked for everything I have, put myself through college and grad school, with no help. If I could do it in the early 60's, these punks can do it today with all of the opportunities there are today.

You can dwell in the past, and stay stuck there forever without being able to change it, or you can look to the future and make it what you want."

He knew my dad was stirring the pot, and dad already knew how Wilbur thought about things, but he wanted to stir things up anyways.

Steve

Supporter
My dad has a good friend his age (early 70's) who has an interesting outlook on the history of slavery and civil rights.

One day at work, my father being in one of his smartass moments and seeing Wilbur was already agitated about something at work (they worked for the Dept of Army at a research lab, both level GS-14's IIRC), dad decided to stir the pot.

He asked Wilbur, "Since you're an African-American, what do you think of all of this African-Americans looking for reparations for slavery?"

Wilbur's response was priceless... "Bud, if you EVER call me an African-American again, I will knock block off. I am an American who is black. I was born here, my parents were born here, their parents were born here and keep going. My family is from Maryland, not Africa. Maybe if there were any records to determine what tribe my ancestors were stolen from BY OTHER BLACK AFRICANS (then sold to Europeans), maybe I would embrace African culture. But since I can't determine what area, in Africa they came from, I'm not going to claim I do, NOR will I attach African symbols to me. Areas and cultures of Africa are so different that they have been fighting for thousands of years. Libyans, South Africans, Masai are all African, but not one would like to be associated/called another.

Now what happened to my ancestors was awful and wrong, BUT a positive result of that, is I was born in one the greatest countries in the world. A country of unlimited opportunity for those willing to work for it.

Now about reparations, anyone who was a slave here, sure, pay them. But since no one who is bitching about reparations WAS a slave, shut up and get a job. These people are lazy and are looking for a free lunch. If they spend half the time WORKING instead of complaining, they would be productive members of society.
These people who are complaining about our ancestors being slaves and wanting payment for something that didn't happen to them, need to either: shut up, this isn't the 1600-1800's or even early 1900's; Or they need to give up their Rebok's, Cadillac's X-box 360's, air conditioning, running water and move back to the jungles of Africa. You know I worked for everything I have, put myself through college and grad school, with no help. If I could do it in the early 60's, these punks can do it today with all of the opportunities there are today.

You can dwell in the past, and stay stuck there forever without being able to change it, or you can look to the future and make it what you want."

He knew my dad was stirring the pot, and dad already knew how Wilbur thought about things, but he wanted to stir things up anyways.

Amen.

And it goes without saying that his attitude/approach contributed to the success he is today.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Now about reparations, anyone who was a slave here, sure, pay them. But since no one who is bitching about reparations WAS a slave, shut up and get a job..

The flip side of that is that no one alive today ever owned slaves...so exactly who would now (supposedly) owe/have to PAY those "reparations"? Given that one of the basic tenants of our legal system SUPPOSEDLY is that one cannot be punished for crimes someone else committed - how would that work, exactly?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dont call me African American,Wilbur seems a very wise man, if all people of all races and religions had his attitude what a much better world we would live in.

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you , that's the point its not the race of a person. Drugs are ruining America and its youth. The fact that more people of color are killed, murdered is because most of the time Drugs and Gangs are the cause. The rest of the race related stuff is the backward minded xenophobes are too stupid to blame themselves for their problems.

Jeff,
You were smart enough to look at the fact that I'm in Grapevine, but should you look that is right in the middle of Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex. I have not only a clue but suffer the indignities of being a minority. I might not be black brown or purple, but my point was completely missed by you. Its not about whitey keeping the black man down. Its about putting down the crack pipe, bong, needle or what ever to escape today's reality and do something with your life. If you look like you are on drugs or in a gang do you think someone would trust you with working for them? They will need to get a job or even make a life for themselves to be part of the society not be the chaos that condemns us all.

Talk to me about my heritage, I would have many more relatives around if it weren't for that Hitler guy. And since you may not know, the Egyptians did much worse to us prior to that, and for more than 400 years. You remember Charlton Heston, movie. that was an exaggeration but fact. Those pyramids did not get made by aliens from mars.
And still today Jews are still targets of hate. What about a little love our way, eh?

Last edited:

Keith

Slavery hasn't been abolished - at least not since they invented Crack and Meth.

Marc. Yes, we have a new member of the Elite! Thank God, we are a vanishing breed and becoming greyer by the minute.

By 2084, all colours will have been banned... (probably next year in fact)

Ron Earp

Admin
How about we shit on Texans for 400 years, make them work for free, break up their families, kill and rape them whenever we want since they are property, deny them education and teh right to vote, and then, in 2413, we emancipate them, and after 40 years expect them to think everything is hunky dory.

Might be good for Texas, way too much self-important bullshit down there.

I'd settle for a ban on Texas BBQ.

Keith

Isn't that sacrilegious fighting talk?

In the UK, we're not really a BBQ nation - but we make good Triathlon etes (running about, swimming dodging the showers and floods), but always kind of understood that Texas was the Holy Grail of BBQ's - Nirvana, Valhalla, Elysian Fields Shangri La etc etc or is that just BS?

Meat, thousands of tons of it, smoking burning sizzling crackling searing, on oak, hickory, pine, redwood - in pits, on grills drums griddles and pans.

Is it all urban myth? Does Texas suck at Pulled Pork, Blackened Prime Rib, Burned Ends of Brisket, Racked up Ribs and New York Strip?

If not Texas, then who?

Not the Aussies, they only BBQ one shrimp at a time I've heard.

What gives my carnivorous colleagues? :uneasy:

Keith

Ah, I may be a stupid Brit but I think I get your drift. As we eat lots of 3 alarm curry (makes Texas BBQ look like Dolly Mixtures) we always keep our toilet tissue in the fridge (in the freezer for more extreme cases as in the Brick Lane molten lava fest - Chicken Phal, or Bradford's finest Vindaloo)

Curry (generically gravy in India) is now our National dish. No kidding...

Back