SLC 36 Cam's Build

Whoops strike that. this is the one that fit perfectly onto the F/G. But the 1" was too large and interfered with the door closing. The other one i posted is not a 90 degree seal. Does anyone know a good source of 3/4" bulb seal with 9/16" of bite?

Attachments

• 3554.jpg
    3554.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 314
Dunno why, I just like that angle, 2nd best. Note the new logo for the car. This REALLY baffles onlookers!:lol:

Attachments

• petrol eater2.jpg
    petrol eater2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 744
Here is a pic of the SLC being "towed" I don't have a race ready flatbed so this how i got the SLC around. Buy a 25' retractable dog leash and pretend to "tow" the SLC around. the 1 cop I was stoped by was so amused he let us go!

Attachments

• off to vtr.jpg
    off to vtr.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 620
Here are a few shots of the wiper. I needed to chop into the top of the footbax to get the wiper down far enough. If not the wiper blade will overshoot the top of the windshield. It works amazingly well although i don't have the self park wiring. i assume it comes off the 40 way pigtail but don't have time to mess with it. i just need it for inspection as i won't be driving it in the rain. I'll just self park.

Please tell me that isn't a porsche badge on your front clip, centre, at the front :drunk:

On retrospect it kinda looks like a leaf .... a leak that looks like a porsche badge, lol

Before I forget I wanted to document the precess of gettign a tag. It took 8 visits to Gov't offices but that is because many time I didn't have the right paperwork.
First I chose Anpac insurance, they had 2 employees around DFW, but they required an inspection. They were slightly cheaper than grundy if i insured for 2 years +. Also, I've got an appraisal in a pinch. I used dallas auto appraisers but they have office in 40 cities in the U.S.
Toll Free:
1-877-845-2368.
Then I could "tow" the SLC to the FT. Worth inspection office for a VTR68A. This may differ by state but they want to make sure it's not stolen. this is where i recommend pounding a serial number on the SLC that corresponds to something officail looking form RCR. They also want to see a s/n on the block and match it to paperwork form where you bought the engine.

Then it's off to the DOT to get a VIN assigned. I was considering pounding a phony VIN on the SLC and im glad i ddin't UHHH, a federal offense.

Then it's off to TX DPS to get a 1 time use permit to get the car inspected. MANY companied shy away from inspecting a 2010 model car as it should come from the factory with 1. i had to take it to a several places and twist a few arms. I did have all saftey devices for TX except a separate emergency brake system. i had a line lock on my primary brake system but they let it slide. Dallas has emmisions inspection, so i put a charcoal canister for fuel vent but the chevy crate engine ECU's have the canister evacuation functionality deleted. BTW just the canister helps cut gas fumes in your garage too. Anyway, i passed and won't have to worry about it for 2 years.

Then it's to DPS with pictures of the car, receipts for frame/engine, the TEX VIN and the inspections cert and voila, TAG, I'm legal, HA. 1 year and 2 months. I lost a bet that I'd have it on the road in 1 year flat, but... close.

Attachments

• tag!.jpg
    tag!.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 389
Please tell me that isn't a porsche badge on your front clip, centre, at the front :drunk:

On retrospect it kinda looks like a leaf .... a leak that looks like a porsche badge, lol

Ahh, I'm glad someone noticed. it's an automotive badge but it keeps people baffled because it's not seen here in the U.S.

Then it's to DPS with pictures of the car, receipts for frame/engine, the TEX VIN and the inspections cert and voila, TAG, I'm legal, HA. 1 year and 2 months. I lost a bet that I'd have it on the road in 1 year flat, but... close.

Great news Cam; congratz on joining the registered and plated group of us .... I got impatient and joined that group a while ago, hehe :)

Ahh, I'm glad someone noticed. it's an automotive badge but it keeps people baffled because it's not seen here in the U.S.

High res pic of it? I'm curious to see it.

I'm a sucker for those cool lights... :thumbsup:

Where did you find them?
Randy, i got them at www.Autolumination.com, below. A Flex LED wire. You can bend them into shape, any color, although Texas doesn't allow you to use red or blue. I have to admit, i love the Audi eyebrows but didn't have the patience to wire 16 to 24 individually mounted LED. Plus they would be to be perfectly aligned. The downside to these is that they are not incredibly bright. You can't see them too well during the day and the headlights wash them out where they cross paths. For the SLC guys, the 8mm don't fit under the headlight lexan, found that out the hard way.

Flexible Neon Tubing

Cool looking night shot...
I would love to be able to do LED headlights ...as yet its not doable from an OEM standpoint .....at least not for reasonable money.

I don not know what type of headlights come with the Sl-C but I imagine that they are similar to the Corvette. If that's the case than there are MANY upgrades in the headlight department. One of the biggest and best is using the Infinity FX35 projectors with Acura TSX lenses. People in the BMW community have been doing this on the M3 for a LONG TIME as once you get going the factory lighting just isn't up to the job. I would imagine that something similar could be done to the SL-C. As far as the LED thing goes there are bendable led strips that again people in the BMW community have been using for some time (didn't the yellow SL-C from breathless have them?) but again I do not know the vendors used but I could do some research to find out if you guys are really that interested. I just googled it and there are far to many to list.

It's actually the Abarth logo, an Austrian fiat tuning group. A scorpion but could be mistaken for a lobster. The real fun is when people ask what model Yugo it is, you tell then the new "Yugo Scorpion"

Attachments

• abarth.jpg
    abarth.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 276
  • abarth race.jpg
    abarth race.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 344
Hahahaha......april fools? :drunk:

$2k for lights? Yikes; at that price I'll just duct tape a flashlight onto the hood as an additional light source :lipsrsealed:

Come on Alex are you actually making fun of 2K for lights when you are trying to spend hundreds on a starter pigtail you could build for 90 cents
stickpoke.gif

Back