0-60 time.......

in a word no, maybe with perfect traction on launch, who no's
my race car has 280 FHP weighs 580kg or 1278lbs with me in it on the grid, and our best off the data log is 0-60 in 2.8sec,and thats with launch control and a six speed sequential box and i get 64 mph in first on the limiter.
where as the calculater says i can do it in 2.6, i wish.
so its close but not that close
cheers John

The best we've recorded in Roy Smart's GTD40 is 0-60 in 3.7s (very slightly uphill start at Longleat) and 0-100 in 7.6.

Car weighed approx 1200kg inc driver, on 25" dia Avon slicks and used Renault UN1 requiring 2nd gear for 60mph. Car had about 500'ish hp.

Our logging showed much was made (or LOST) on gearchanges..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
My result = 2.9 sec. Not possible in a real world, but when someone asks, (they always do); I can say theoretically 3 seconds:cheesy:

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I though the time was a little low... probably right John, that its a perfect traction no clutch problems and no gear change... although I have done 0-60 in 0.135 seconds pulling 20g in a Martin Baker ejection seat rig....

Andy

A comedian on TV once said, "I hear all this talk about cars that will go from 0 to 60 in 3 or 4 seconds. I don't care about that. I want a car that will go from 90 to 55 in just one second."

Have fun!

John Stone

I must admitt, i'd be very happy with a car that just finnished every race, [preferably up the front] but close would be good
John

I was on another forum last night and some guy reckoned his Nissan Pulsar GTiR would do the 60 dash in under 4 seconds.
He was stating that his car was running 280bhp....
Well the standard car has around 230bhp and a kerb weight of about 1220kg... now the stats I've found on that state it'll get to 60 in 5.9 seconds... i never realised that 50bhp could make that much difference...:loser:

By his reckoning by the time you got to 400bhp you'd get to 60mph in under a second!!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
You guys from England should be familiar with the Ford RS-200 Group B rally car of the mid 80's. The evolution had 600 HP with all wheel drive variable viscus coupling and it claimed a real 2.8 seconds from 0-60. I would love to have one of those in my garage, shoot I would love to see one in person. :)

You guys from England should be familiar with the Ford RS-200 Group B rally car of the mid 80's. The evolution had 600 HP with all wheel drive variable viscus coupling and it claimed a real 2.8 seconds from 0-60. I would love to have one of those in my garage, shoot I would love to see one in person. :)

Pity the road car didn't sell... mind you at about £50k not really a surprise.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I know this is about cars and I could be accused of thread drift(again) but I guess Navy pilots using ships catapults have the fastest acceleration records of all time. I think its approximately 0-120 (Knots) in 1.8 seconds.
Some say they don't even have their hands on the controls.
Imagine doing it at night. A bit like being shot into a bottle of ink !!

still on the subject of 0-60 times but purely out of curiosity, what would the 0-60 time of a top fuel dragster be, considering they get to 200mph pluss in around 4 something secs
would be an intereseting comparison.
John

Ron McCall

Supporter
still on the subject of 0-60 times but purely out of curiosity, what would the 0-60 time of a top fuel dragster be, considering they get to 200mph pluss in around 4 something secs
would be an intereseting comparison.
John

An NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second!

Back