16 weeks to go...

Hey Dean,

I've seen it priced anywhere from $1700-$2400 for the complete kit with wheel sensors. There's an option for the control unit too (digital/analog).

I'm just trying to stay on the lower end of the spectrum...

Ken Roberts

Supporter
What does this system cost?

I received mine last month. I paid approx $1500 for the 8 cyl controller with "launch control" including the expensive wheel speed sensors. I did not get the fancy digital controller. It allows you to change settings on the fly without a laptop. My basic controller just has settings for the amount of slippage desired and a "launch" button.

I just sent the contact info to slc4yos if your interested Dean.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. The adjustable sway bars cost more than that!

I guess I really don't know much about it. I am not going to be racing in the rain so is it really needed? Send me the info, Ken when you get a chance. I'll give it a look.

Got the garage all finished up last week. I did the usual stuff like putting in an epoxy floor, but my girlfriend thought I was nut's when I drywalled and textured the whole thing. TV and A/C too...

The SLC project has gotta have a nice home :thumbsup:

imag1763.jpg

imag1765.jpg

The floor is a two-part epoxy from Sherwin Williams. My house was built in the 50's, so it took a lot of floor prep to get it ready/clean. I put down two full coats of epoxy, two and a half pounds of flakes, and an acrylic clear top coat for added shine.

I also added metallic to the flakes. And sparkles...

Yeah...I've got a house full of girls. I said sparkles :thumbsup:

I would not be doing ANY bodywork/priming/sanding on that beautiful floor :thumbsup:
Oh, I wanted to ask you - who did your green SLC rendering?

You should've folded that hand a long time ago Alex!

Thanks Jack. Can't wait to add a splash of bright green to the room! I'm ready for it for sure.

Hey Justin...the car could be ready any day now. I know Fran has been hustling to make things happen, but I'm not exactly sure when I can take delivery. I've got my truck gassed up and ready to go... :burnout:

Mesa, that rendering was done between myself and a designer out in California. I'll PM you his contact info. I did a lot of the time consuming stuff myself (SLC graphics, engine in background, logo, etc...), so the cost wasn't too bad. He's a great guy to work with.

Just spent the last 5 hours building a squirrel house...I think I need an SLC in the garage.

Much better use of time... :thinking:

We have a expoy floor and we love it. Very easy to clean compared to a bear slab. I just take the pressure washer and clean it that way. If I have to simple green and a scrub brush gets the tufter stuff out. Also might a suggest a foam squeegee to push the water out.

Yos or Fran...

With the LS9, does the super charger remain facing forward, or can it be reversed as the standard intakes need to be?

Hey Stig...

The supercharger does face forward, but there's a chassis mod necessary to make it fit.

Hopefully I'll get my car soon, and post some pics...

Back