16 weeks to go...

The only place to exploit serious horsepower in a roadrace type car is on a race track. The difference between men and boys in cars like this is the ability to control serious horsepower in corners - exactly where you don't need it. If things like that were easy then nobody would have given guys like Hulme, Donohue, Andretti, Prost or Senna a second look. Anybody can drive a Miata relatively fast around a corner. An LS9 SLC WILL be fast, regardless. A lion among lambs if you will, but very few will ever drive it anywhere near it's real potential while packing that kind of power.

The traction control aids would be a good investment if you ever want to learn to drive it REALLY hard in a corner, TC may keep a person from wadding up his prized possession while coming to grips on a steep learning curve.

The LS9 has superb internal components that you would be hard pressed to buy and assemble for the OEM cost...and comes with a factory warranty...it also has intrinsic value by being an LS9 not just "another" hot rodded LSx built by Joe Blow..

Absolutely correct; true hot rodders swap LS9 motors into their cars
:nice:

Well said and in the end, all that really matters.

+1
:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to pictures and videos in about 105 days!

You can say what you want but I have never ever replaced an engine because it had to much power. It's far better to have it and not need it than to not have it when you need it.

I have driven a ZR1 vette and it was very manageable. If you haven't driven a ZR1 car, you should. It's a real pleasure. It isn't like some of the 600 to 700hp sledge hammers most of us have had in the past.

I have driven a ZR1 vette and it was very manageable. If you haven't driven a ZR1 car, you should. It's a real pleasure. It isn't like some of the 600 to 700hp sledge hammers most of us have had in the past.

That's no fun. Real fun is driving something that will kill you the second you stop paying attention, not something that a bunch of nancy lights will flash on and t/c will save you.

The Coyote with factory blower will not fit under the rear .....we have tried..

That being the case I bet centrifugal blowers are out the window...

Was it difficult plumbing the turbo's on that UZ powered SL-C; that is, was finding engine bay real estate a challenge?

E

Ever since I decided on the LS9, I've been bouncing off the walls. I was content using an LS3, but it was a compromise. Yos' SL-C (chassis #tbd) may not be the smartest, or best out there, but it'll be mine. And I'll sleep better knowing it was exactly the way I wanted it. If I won the lotto tomorrow...we'd still be going LS9.

Well said. That's what makes these builds so special: You don't see one around every corner...and when you do see another, they are all unique. :)

The Twin turbo package was easy to do as there is ample space for turbos either side of the engine...room for intercoolers in the side vents too.

Has anyone even done twins on a Coyote yet? I wonder how much power the forged/lower compression version can take, it's still a stock block.

Has anyone even done twins on a Coyote yet? I wonder how much power the forged/lower compression version can take, it's still a stock block.

This twin turbo coyote-powered mustang made 791 whp and 675 rwtq on the stock block -- would be a cool motor for an SL-C!

I saw this video not too long ago, it's a comparison of bolt-on's from BBK between a new Mustang (Coyote 5.0) and Camaro (LS3). After the same modifications, and on the same dyno, the Camaro peaked at 401 Hp and 404 Tq while the Mustang peaked at 406 Hp and 378 Tq. That's impressive for the lower displacement. I wonder how a cam change would elevate this competition...

Steve

Supporter
The original Teksid aluminum modular ford blocks were good for over 1500hp. Some crossed 2000 with no mods to the block (rods crank and pistons all needed upgrading). More recent aluminum blocks are even more durable. Not sure about the limit on the Coyote but everything I've read to date indicates it is more solid than previous blocks. The rods and pistons need to be upgraded for boosted applications. The "supercharged" long block through Ford uses a different block. Their long block is listed as up to 700hp but the aluminator block is able to handle more than double that.

Confirmed my options today!

Color will be the bright green (Same as Fran's race car)
Race tail with the standard wing
Forgestar wheels in matte black

Excited is an understatement... :D

Thanks Jack! I'll show you the renderings soon. It's really cool.

Make sure you give me a call if you ever need a hand with your car. I'd love to help, and it's really not a bad drive at all.

I'm anxious to see that car of yours burning rubber... :burnout:

Back