1st MDA to Canada

New MDA steering column support bar now completed, Pedal box assembly and brakes next.

Hello Ross, I'm just east of Oshawa - should you want a look, just let me know.

Chris

Attachments

• New Column & Support_01.jpg
    New Column & Support_01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,328
  • New Column & Support_02.jpg
    New Column & Support_02.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,303
  • Steering Wheel_01.jpg
    Steering Wheel_01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,341
Finally had a chance to finish my pain in the rear, rear! Paint is done, re-assembly of the lights and louvre grills once the clearcoat is cured. Front black-out and fuel caps re-sprayed flat black. Also attached are some goodies I've purchased...

Chris

Attachments

• Finished Paint_01.jpg
    Finished Paint_01.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Finished Paint_02.jpg
    Finished Paint_02.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Finished Paint_03.jpg
    Finished Paint_03.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,174
  • BlackOuts_01.jpg
    BlackOuts_01.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Marchal 653.jpg
    Marchal 653.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Hi-Lo Mixo France Horns.jpg
    Hi-Lo Mixo France Horns.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,195
  • Raydots_01.jpg
    Raydots_01.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,155
  • CAV Ammeter_01.jpg
    CAV Ammeter_01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • Lucas608_01.jpg
    Lucas608_01.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,173
  • MDA Demister Vent_01.jpg
    MDA Demister Vent_01.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,172
Man Chris, that looks fantastic!! Please take a picture of the whole front end from a 45deg angle so we can see the stripe and the blacked out area.

Well done !!!

Thanks Bill, it started raining heavily before I could snap anymore hence the garage shots - we'll do!

Hi Ross, just give me a heads-up, I can devote more time with you on the weekends so yes, just give me a call and I can make arrangements with you.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I love that twin light conversion, no small effort involved either. Lovely job though and very individual for a replica. I've not seen any other replicas with a twin light conversion. Something to be proud of.
Martin

Thanks Martin, it took a lot longer than I thought it would but I'm in no rush (AKA haven't much time ;)) and these kind of projects are a learning experience so slow and steady is how I got to the end - the MDA product is worthy of the extra time spent, that's my plug...

Now the front and rear ducts are next and I can then hopefully rid myself of the major bodywork/projects... ( I would like to actually drive this car in the near future!!!)

Cheers-

Chris

Attachments

• Complete_01.jpg
    Complete_01.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Complete_02.jpg
    Complete_02.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,078
Richard,

Hopefully these help, let me know if you need anymore. The original holes were cut for the spot lamp and indicator supplied by MDA but since then I've changed many parts to original where possible. Everything needs a clean-up and I will probably put a small bead of sealant around the glass.

The L488's are shown before & after trimming the rubber boot and tossing out the chrome ring.

Chris

Attachments

• Marchal install_01.jpg
    Marchal install_01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 967
  • Marchal install_02.jpg
    Marchal install_02.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 945
  • L488_1.jpg
    L488_1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 946
  • L488 indicators.jpg
    L488 indicators.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 954
Well after many months of body mods, this is the first time since 2005 I have been able to take my build to a decent area for proper pics so I hope you enjoy them!

Cheers -- Chris

Attachments

• Right-Rear_03.jpg
    Right-Rear_03.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 876
  • Right_02.jpg
    Right_02.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 854
  • Left-front_01.jpg
    Left-front_01.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 866
  • Top-Front_01.jpg
    Top-Front_01.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 866
  • Rear-front_01.jpg
    Rear-front_01.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 852
  • Left-rear-B&W_01.jpg
    Left-rear-B&W_01.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 848
  • Original 1010 rear.jpg
    Original 1010 rear.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 837
  • Left-B&W_01.jpg
    Left-B&W_01.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 878
  • John Whitmore_01.JPG
    John Whitmore_01.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:

Chuck

Supporter
The Essex Wire paint scheme is impressive and your attention to authenticity is awesome. The juxtaposition of the old and the new really highlight your attention to faithfully reproducing the original. Really nice work.

Chuck

Hi Chris, I have to say what a great job you have done. The car is looking fantastic.

Its also good to see the car from a longer shot now you have the covers and windows in and the mods to the rear tail and lights done. It really has moved on since I saw it last year, Im very impressed.

Craig and others are correct, the attention to details is to your credit. I know the body work was well fitted and then painted last year, though now with the other parts fitted it looks near complete and very accurate.

I'll speak to you soon

Very best regards

Mark

Incredible attention to authenticity! An old advertisement come to mind, "Is it real, or is it Memorex!"

Well done Chris!
Bill D

Chris, I can tell by the picture of the inside of the nose, that my brake ducts will not fit. The vertical panel is too close to the side of the bottom lights. The ducts have to be installed as you are installing the panels that go on each side of the radiator.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words, gives me more motivation to keep going! I'll be in touch Mark for more goodies to be ordered...

Bill, that's a bummer - but I'm happy you gave me a heads-up about it. Wish there was a way to do it. Will the the rear and front NACA ducts be OK? That would be the last of the body additions if possible. (where have I heard that before) :)

Chris

Chris, send me your shipping address again to datonabill at msn dot com and I'll try to make some ducts up in the next couple of weeks and send them to you to try the fit.

Just received my duct work and seat shells from William Hough Composites. Bill cast moulds of the ducts that were in the nose of Chassis #1017 and ducts from the tail of chassis #1054. The moulds were cast just as the ducts were without improving them, apparently it was a lot of work to cut the ducts out and not screw them up! Installation work should be interesting-

The seat shells look great and will go for finishing over the winter.

Thanks Bill!

Chris

Attachments

• Front Brake Ducts_01.jpg
    Front Brake Ducts_01.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 566
  • NACA Cockpit Ducts_01.jpg
    NACA Cockpit Ducts_01.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 535
  • Tail Ducts_01.jpg
    Tail Ducts_01.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 558