24h du Le Mans 2007

David,

after days out on a business trip I just read the news on your cardiac problems. I do keep my fingers crossed that everything will go well (no doubt it will, anyway...) and wish you a speedy recovery!

All the best,

Marcus

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Keith.
I've been told that during recovery I MUST DRINK 2 GLASSES OF RED WINE every day.
Oh dear, the debauchery continues.
Must get a truckload of Barolo in, as I don't know how long it's going to take to fully recover.
The party on 14th. July is still on and don't worry it won't be a wake.........
Marcus,
Thank you.
Dave

Last edited:
Dave,
Sorry to hear that mate, hope that you are on the mend. Meant to call you the other night, but I left Gaydon late and ended up driving past Marlow about 10:30,so I thought a visit was probably out of the question...

Brett

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Brett,
Until I can run up the flight of stairs singing Ave Maria backwards and not be breathless, I'm in the Hammersmith on Du Cane road.
Fantastic place if a hospital can be fantastic.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,
I found you a Zephyr / GTD demister grille - same perforations as the original but with a slight radius on the leading edge.
Not in bad nick with no serious problems and usable.

Yours gratis when you get out of there.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave

Wishing you a speedy recovery - at least when you;re not mobile there will be more chat on the forum!

Now regarding that order for 2 glasses of red wine - pint glasses do?

Hopefull see you soon and back firing on all cylinders

Ian

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you Dave, hope you have good internet access in the hospital, and tell them that even pint glasses arent big enough for gt40 5 litre plus addicts, it has to be BOXES:D .

Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well,
I've got some 375cl balloons but they are a bit daunting.
I'm completely wired and plumbed in for everything here ( - I'm not even allowed to strain for a number 2 as they've even taken care of that as well) so I had a thought about a barolo drip for the first week or so.

Currently trying to find somebody en route to Le Mans on Friday passing close to London? Know anybody? sort of slightly urgent - and no I'm not breaking out........
if you do know someone ring me or text on 07767 450989 anytime.

all my prays for u Dave.
Only I know that british steel u are done needs a little fix and will work for other 400 years..surely!

Maybe come to italy for some weeks to rest a little..

Rimettiti presto amico!

Best

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
"Not even strain for a number 2" I guess that means a quick heady with that pretty nurse is out of the question then? Aw well at least you can still think about it.
Cheers mate.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
David -

Get well soon, sorry to hear as the numerous other have said. Jumping on a plane today (Friday) and might get lucky and catch the start of the race.

If anyone else is around I'll be the guy wearing a hat ;)

Hope to have lots of pics of Le Man's and some of Goodwood the following week.

Sandy

Dave,

Wish you all the best from Belgium.
Note my father went trough the same and today he is beating me at all levels.Just ask his nurses...
Get you soon back!
Fred

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
img_headermedia_e.gif

Le Mans, 16 June 2007

Quotes after the retirement of Audi R10 TDI #3

Lucas Luhr (Audi R10 TDI #3): "My stint was okay despite the difficult conditions. It is really dangerous if you are out there on slicks and it starts to drizzle. Something can happen very quickly as we have seen with Rocky. It is extremely difficult but you have to urge yourself to drive slowly. The Le Mans track is so fast that you lose the feeling for speed. It’s a shame what’s happend to Rocky. But there are still two Audis in the race. I hope one of them is at the front in the end."

Alexandre Prémat (Audi R10 TDI #3): "Of course I’m very disappointed that we were out of the race after only two hours. Lucas did a great job at the beginning. Maybe Rocky pushed a little bit too hard in his first two laps. It’s really hard to retire after just two hours."

Mike Rockenfeller (Audi R10 TDI #3): "It’s very difficult for me to find the right words. I feel so sorry for my team mates and the entire Audi team. I was on my third lap in mixed conditions when I went on the painted part of the track at ‘Tertre Rouge’. I lost the rear, got sideways and went backwards into the guardrail. I tried everything to fix the car and bring it back to the pits but it was too heavily damaged. Now I keep my fingers crossed for the other two Audi cars. It was a great experience to be here at Le Mans with the Audi team. That’s why such a sudden end is even more bitter for me

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Sandy,
Enjoy and I'll catch you next year.
Fred,
Thank you - I'll be back on line in no time.
Thanks to everyone - especially Lyn for describing in such detail.
Op starts 0700 on Monday.
Dave

half race....Audi is going well (my car is Capello-Kristensen no.2, Dindo I follow since many many years and Kristensen was nearly nut brother of my team manager in Jas Motorsport, Mads Fisher..:D ).

Peugeot is 5 laps behind...and the night is still long.

Forza Audi !!

Keith

Peugeot is 5 laps behind...and the night is still long.

Forza Audi !!

Unfortunately a bit too long for the number 2 Paulo......:shrug:

Only 1 Audi left and still 5 laps in it. You gotta admit the "Pugs" have done well considering the lack of development...

Who knows, we may yet be in for a nailbiter - in LMGT1 also! Only 1 lap between Aston and Corvette....

Back