4 Suspects Held in Fatal Carjacking at Mall

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Nick, I agree with you on the issue of people who commit crimes while they are mentally ill. Even though psychiatry and psychology have often been manipulated by trial lawyers to get people off who probably ought to have been executed, I think it is better to keep a lot of people in prison for life than to execute anyone who is innocent.

The current instance is different. There is clear and convincing eyewitness evidence of what these four men did. I think they ought to be executed.

In my way of thinking, your life is the most valuable thing you have. Without it, you aren't here anymore; you are just a memory. Those four men took from that one man the most valuable thing he had, and in the process ruined the lives of his wife and both their families, as well as all his friends. Their debt to him and his wife and society can be paid by the forfeit of their lives.

. Those four men took from that one man the most valuable thing he had, and in the process ruined the lives of his wife and both their families, as well as all his friends. Their debt to him and his wife and society can be paid by the forfeit of their lives.

I understand your point Jim, but for many families after such a tragedy, it is not what they want.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't disagree, but this isn't about what the families want. Society exists, at least in theory, to educate people NOT to do this kind of thing to each other, and to protect its members from those who can't be educated not to prey on others. I think in this case, society has a right to punish those people who did this, and that the families of the bereaved ought not to be burdened with the task of deciding how and who gets punished.

Tell you what. We'll all chip in for a Range Rover, we should be able to find a decent one cheap, and we'll pre-wire it with a few sticks of TNT and a cell phone, leave it there, and then when someone steals it, we'll dial them up a long-distance call. Real long-distance. As in straight to hell. Maybe that will discourage the next car jacking.

Tell you what. We'll all chip in for a Range Rover, we should be able to find a decent one cheap, and we'll pre-wire it with a few sticks of TNT and a cell phone, leave it there, and then when someone steals it, we'll dial them up a long-distance call. Real long-distance. As in straight to hell. Maybe that will discourage the next car jacking.

Jim,

Thanks but I think I will give that one a miss, although I have been thinking of a tow car for when my car finally gets finished. So if I could borrow it pre TNT install that would be great :)

Back