A new look at what Man should do to counteract Man

Just pondering.

If we are to accept a responsibility toward Nature, the natural order of things and really, really manage Nature, I wonder:

Is it time to start culling the stupid? After-all, if we respect nature, should we not accept the fact that we have screwed up the Natural Selection Process. If survival of the fittest (should be smartest), is Nature's way, how should we better accommodate that natural fact?

Until recently, we had terrible wars, plagues and pestilence. Should we save some tax money and stop investing in medicine? That could free up an awful lot of cash to fund solar panels?!

Thoughts?

Pat

Supporter
I thought Darwin said those individuals of a population born with traits that give some advantage in survival and reproduction, will tend on average to leave more offspring that have those very traits. Those may not necessarily be the fittest but could well be the smartest and the ones with the coolest cars (attracting hot chicks aids in reproduction efficiency).

A funny take on the discussion:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk"]Idiocracy - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I think this string started with a more comedic direction in mind, but I've had many thoughts wondering at what point we quit evolving under nature's natural selection/survival of the fittest. I suppose it was the first use of tools, thus if my assumption is correct, the very things that helped us survive individually, and live long enough to procreate, are simultaneously leading to our species demise in the long run (and many other species as well). I for one would have starved long ago with only 20/400 vision. Instead, my offspring wear corrective lenses, unable to "survive" without that visual improvement.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Those may not necessarily be the fittest but could well be the smartest and the ones with the coolest cars (attracting hot chicks aids in reproduction efficiency).

Pat, you kill me,

"Efficiency".......I love it!

I guess this proves I'm not very smart, When I was in High School, I thought a 1965 Austin Cooper S would be the gateway to "efficiency"...........in retrospect, I should have gone with the Mustang.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I can remember trying to be "efficient"in a bug eyed Austin Healy Sprite. I was much more flexible in those days.

Just pondering.

If we are to accept a responsibility toward Nature, the natural order of things and really, really manage Nature, I wonder:

Is it time to start culling the stupid? After-all, if we respect nature, should we not accept the fact that we have screwed up the Natural Selection Process. If survival of the fittest (should be smartest), is Nature's way, how should we better accommodate that natural fact?

Until recently, we had terrible wars, plagues and pestilence. Should we save some tax money and stop investing in medicine? That could free up an awful lot of cash to fund solar panels?!

Thoughts?

Easy done , just nuke everything north of Watford:idea:...... Now I will wait for the fallout. :laugh:

Bob

Bloody Southern elitists! So short-sighted as usual! How would the softies down there survive, without one of us from the frozen north, to bring them their tea?

@ Doc: I will have to see that movie, it's exactly the point I make, only we don't need 500 years to get there. Looks to me like a mere decade will suffice! ;)

Pat

Supporter
Pat, you kill me,

"Efficiency".......I love it!

I guess this proves I'm not very smart, When I was in High School, I thought a 1965 Austin Cooper S would be the gateway to "efficiency"...........in retrospect, I should have gone with the Mustang.

Jim, What can I say??? Debby says one of the reasons she first went out with me was my Dad's '69 Camaro...

Back