Aaron's SL-C build...

Fran:

I agree that the bracket that you supply works fine if the cables are the correct length. I simply am not going to wait for a third set of cables that may be correct when I can easily modify the bracket.

I've already modified the bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 511
I was not aware that Brandwood cable shift had actually sent you different length cables
I will check with them tomorrow as I was unaware of any different length cables ever having been shipped
Brandwood has recently sent our replacement couplers/ends to their originally supplied ones

Fran:

Jim Totke told me that I am on my second set of cables. He had sent them back to you or Cable-shift in the past. I simply find it troublesome that Im having to modify stuff that should just be bolt-on.

I started cutting pipe sections for my exhaust today. I've got the right-hand side mocked up. I'm using Vibrant race catalytic convertors and Flowmaster Hushpower II's. I am planning to come out of the back of the the street tail through the openings for now.

I started cutting pipe sections for my exhaust today. I've got the right-hand side mocked up. I'm using Vibrant race catalytic convertors and Flowmaster Hushpower II's. I am planning to come out of the back of the the street tail through the openings for now.

This might be a dumb question, but are you required to run cats on your car in Indiana?

I'm mocking up the exhaust system. I have plenty of room for heat shielding even with the offset transmission.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 526
Exhaust mock-up and welding is complete. I'll add heat shielding in a bit. The next item of concern is finishing the fuel tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Thanks Bob.. I spent quite a bit of time on it. I'm not a pro builder or welder but it's a decent job. I'm already thinking about building my diffuser off of the connection between the transmission and its mounts ( side of transmission ). If I do that then I may modify the exhaust to turn down below the tail. As for now I'm moving on to the fuel tank, tank hold-down straps and wiring.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Aaron,

Looks nice. Any pics of how you routed the exhaust from the headers to the mufflers? I'd love to see how you did that part.

Pete:

Does this photo help? I simply came out of the stock LS-3 exhaust manifold into a 90+ degree bend. I then came throughg a straight CAT and up and over the axle shaft into the muffler. I cut in V-band clamps to make removal easier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 491
This morning I ordered pipe bends to complete the radiator piping and fuel filler neck. I also ordered the wire needed to get my SLC electrically connected.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 484
Hi Aaron,

Can you describe a little more about how you transitioned from the stock (?) exhaust manifold into your custom pipes? Specifically, what did you use to mate from the oval flange of the stock manifold to the round downstream pipes? Did you buy a used mid-pipe/cat assembly and then just cut it to fit?

Dave:

I'm using the stock LS-3 cast iron manifolds. These manifolds have 2 1/2" round, not an oval, outlet. I simply purchased 1/2" thick ( 2 bolt ) flanges an welded on a 2 1/2" pipe bend that is just over 90 degrees. Then I went directly into a short straight cat.

The front and rear camber is now very close as well as the toe. I had to redo the steering rack to steering column connection (timing) to properly center the steering wheel and allow ample adjustment for the front tie rods. I set the body on the chassis today and the fitment is much better to the tires.

This weekend I'm focusing on finishing the radiator and fuel filler neck piping. I need to weld in some bends. Pretty soon I'm adding fluids :)

Back