Aaron's SL-C build...

Nice work!

I wish I would have mounted my pump inside the tank.

Will you be fabricating a baffle around it so the pump stays submerged as the fuel sloshes from side t side?

I finished assembling the fuel pump and fitting it to the tank. This afternoon I'm making the fuel tank straps.

I am installing an additional dividing panel inside the fuel tank with fuel safe check valves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 396
I completed the initial fitting of the inner sill panels, the headliner and the rear bulkhead panels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 575

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Aaron,

Where did you get your shift knob?

Oh, and lessoned learned from my build - don't try to fit the roof panel/headliner until you get the windshield installed.

Last edited:
I've taken the body off to complete all of the wiring terminations. My fuel tank has been sent off for final welding as well to my local chassis shop. I've also started to investigate the titling process.

Congrats on getting that far Aaron. Let me know how it goes in our great state for titling. I've got a "new" 32 in the barn titled as such, but have ordered up a Fran special too.

Congrats on getting that far Aaron. Let me know how it goes in our great state for titling. I've got a "new" 32 in the barn titled as such, but have ordered up a Fran special too.

Luke,
No problem with the title process...as long as you are willing to misrepresent the vehicle to state officials. I wasn't willing to do that! :lipsrsealed:

Good luck,

Jim

Jim:

I'll see how it goes. Officer is coming to inspect for a VIN tag on Friday. Then we shall see where the process takes me. From what I've read it shouldn't be too bad.

File for a VIN, turn in some paperwork (receipts,etc). Indiana sends you a VIN. Make a tag and install it. Inspection of VIN tag by police officer. Go to BMV and register the vehicle, pay taxes.

Last edited:
Seems so.. The officer was in my area so he called me and I met him today instead. Tonight I picked up a few more elecrical items needed for the wiring.

Luke,
No problem with the title process...as long as you are willing to misrepresent the vehicle to state officials. I wasn't willing to do that! :lipsrsealed:

Good luck,

Jim

VIN tag inspection complete and paperwork is signed.

Nicely done, any details on the inspection, or was it more "looks like a car: sign here"?

What did you have to tell the inspector it was a "Replica" of?

Jim

Officer only looks to see that a VIN isn't present. Nothing to it.

Last night I put the final weld on the fuel filler neck. Today I worked on some wiring and tightening of the brake pipes.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Congrats Aaron on the registration. You're really moving along now. Curious to know how you plan on mounting the front hood. Any thoughts on that yet? I still haven't decided what to do. I think mine will be similar to Fran's race car.

I am planning to use the U-shaped brackets at the front to hold the nose down for now. I'd like to make the front flip up in the future. As of now I'm focused on getting it up running and then smoothing out the body to get it presentable for the street in the spring. As for the rear diffuser.. The tail hinge is built and I need to build the diffuser panels yet. Hopefully I'll get to those by the spring, but it all takes time.

Fuel tank is being welded up this week.

Last edited:
Back