Aaron's SL-C build...

Kudos to Jay at ISIS for providing me with an invert chip and going beyond my expectations. He not only sent me a chip but it was labeled for ease of installation and wired with the correct wire colors..

I had a very busy day on the SL-C.

Added coolant, relocated hot water divertor valve, secured pedal assembly, attached accel pedal harness, attached all remaining engine harness connections, temporarily connected the engine breather hoses, fabricated a harness to attach to the GM bulkhead harness, tightened lower bulkhead panel and tighten exhaust collector flanges.

Im preparing to install the fuel tank and tighten the straps, route/terminate the harness for the fuel pump and fuel level sending unit.

Last edited:
Last night I completed the smoke check and all is looking good. Tonight I'm pressurizing the fuel rail. Start-up video to follow.

Congrats Aaron, Sounds and looks great. It won't be long now before it's down the street with your SLC. Thanks much for the video. Great job !!

Its always exciting when starting something for the first time. Great job, hope we can find each other at Grattan this year, 05-23-24-15 there is the first day and my anniversery 37 years, weather permitting ill be there with mine, they run rain or shine, 3Balls racing is putting on the track days, my son will be there with his RX 7 if I dont go.

http://www.3ballsracing.com

This morning I changed out my leaking hot water divertor valve. I also checked the electrical operation of everything on the chassis. Tilt, telescope, wipers, turn signals, etc... Everything works except the horn..

This morning I changed out my leaking hot water divertor valve. I also checked the electrical operation of everything on the chassis. Tilt, telescope, wipers, turn signals, etc... Everything works except the horn..

Hey Aaron,

Since we are both running a very similar set up, did you use the coolant heater splitter thing that came with the vintage air setup or go out and buy the specific recirculating one?

~Eric

Back