Aaron's SL-C build...

Looks like a great project to take over... sorry to hear Jim got so flustered, but his loss
is your gain... I'm anxious to follow along as you complete the build of your SLC.

Good Luck... I'm slightly jealous.
mardyn

Congrats on your purchase.Looking at you photos you need to loose the duct tape ASAP that your car was shipped with.In this summer heat the adhesive can leave permanent marks
Regards
Tom

I worked on the rear bonnet all day today.

Diffuser cut out, exhaust area is cut out.

Started sanding the mold parting lines down.

Attachments

• SLC  5_26_2014_002.JPG
    SLC 5_26_2014_002.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 851
  • SLC  5_26_2014_003.JPG
    SLC 5_26_2014_003.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 902
  • SLC  5_26_2014_004.JPG
    SLC 5_26_2014_004.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 807
Aaron, I waited till last to take out the back window, its not hard, and it makes that back part more rigid, but thats me since I have no help here to flip things over.

Tonight I took 2 hours to remove the sound proofing material from the rear of my Graziano.

I know... The photo shows 1/2 way complete.. I actually finished it. I'm gonna feel that in the morning.

Attachments

• sound pad_01.JPG
    sound pad_01.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,020
Reason for cleaning off the sound deadening material off of the back of the transmission.

1) I've cut out the lower section of my street tail because I'm installing a diffuser :thumbsup: The rear of the transmission will be easily seen so I want it to look clean.

I used a wood chisel and a rubber hammer. The rubber hammer isn't very aggressive so less chance of shaving aluminum off the trans case. The project was successful. I plan to hit it with a wire wheel to remove the remaining material. I'll post photos tomorrow evening. I've already removed the foam material but didn't wire wheel it yet.

I received my carbon louvers for the front bonnet today as well as the inner fenders. More work for me.

My plan for tomorrow is to continue working on the rear bonnet. I'm going to install the rear lexan and work to install the tail lamps.

I've started working on the chassis as well. I'm changing how the rear of the Graziano is attached to the chassis thus making more clearance for my exhaust system (mufflers).

On Sunday I may change it up a bit and remove the fuel tank. I need to cut the top off of it like Ken did to make room for my in tank pump and sump.

Yesterday I removed the fuel tank and modified the transmission support rids for the Graziano. The support rods were shortened to 5" in length (the tubing itself).

Today cut the openings for the carbon fiber louvers in the front bonnet. I've also sanded out all of the mold lines and I'm getting started on securing the headlamp covers.

Last edited:
Sand to bonnet... Sand sand the bonnet.. :)

The body panel cutout tool is from Harbor Freight and makes quick work of cutting out the fiberglass. I'm using air saw blades from Lenox # 424T

I'm thinking of modifying the rear engine supports as well. The catalyitic convertor needs to make a radical a radical angular change coming out of the LS3 manifolds and its worse with the LS7 manifolds. I'm going to run 2.5" exhaust tubing so I'm thinking that a modification of the rear engine support brackets is in order.

Attachments

• louver cutout_002.JPG
    louver cutout_002.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 809
  • louver cutout_001.JPG
    louver cutout_001.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 713
  • front bonnet_001.JPG
    front bonnet_001.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 785
  • Graz links_001.JPG
    Graz links_001.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:
Sand to bonnet... Sand sand the bonnet.. :)

The body panel cutout tool is from Harbor Freight and makes quick work of cutting out the fiberglass. I'm using air saw blades from Lenox # 424T

I'm thinking of modifying the rear engine supports as well. The catalyitic convertor needs to make a radical a radical angular change coming out of the LS3 manifolds and its worse with the LS7 manifolds. I'm going to run 2.5" exhaust tubing so I'm thinking that a modification of the rear engine support brackets is in order.

I love that HF electric body saw. I recently purchased my second one. The first one lasted over three years :thumbsup:.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I've never heard of anyone using the LS3 cast manifolds. The LS7 manifolds are double wall hydro formed stainless and will radiate less heat. The performance gain is worth it alone.

If someone will donate as set of LS7 manifolds to my build I may choose to use them. :)

The LS7 manifold makes the exhaust system fabrication even more difficult. Based on the power to weight ratio of this vehicle, I'm thinking that I'm not gonna miss the LS7 manifolds.

Back