Aaron's SL-C build...

I also found this in my mailbox.. Flowmaster Hushpower II. The case is very compact, we shall see how it does on noise reduction.

I needed a muffler that would fit in the cramped passenger side with the Graziano. If you build an SL-C with a Graziano you will see how cramped it is.

Attachments

• Flowmaster HPII.JPG
    Flowmaster HPII.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 500
I also found this in my mailbox.. Flowmaster Hushpower II. The case is very compact, we shall see how it does on noise reduction.

I needed a muffler that would fit in the cramped passenger side with the Graziano. If you build an SL-C with a Graziano you will see how cramped it is.

I had the HP-2's on my last build (LS6 motor) they sounded good & are compact - almost like an old school sound.. for lack of a better description. They supposedly "support up to 400hp" for what that's worth.

Here's what they sound like: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfnv0qTdKlU[/ame]

Last edited:
image.jpgWorked on the dash today a bit.
Completed the cutouts for the Koso dash.
Completed cutouts for the vents.
Cutout the center console area of the dash.
Installed modified roll cage down bars.
Installed Graziano oil cooler bypass hose.

Last edited:
I'm working on many items at the same time in two different locations..

Recent updates...

1) Installed the Graziano transmission to the engine.
2) Temporarily installed the starter to the transmission.
3) Fabricated the sump plate for the fuel tank with the Fuel Safe check valves.
4) Modified the Sparco fuel filler neck to make it the same at the fuel tank. 2" diameter.

Installed the fuel tank to check for fitment and made sure that the fuel filter / regulator fits in my desired location. Confirmed AN fitting requirements for the fuel tank. Confirmed the carbon canister location next to the tank. Need to acquire a 5" diameter bracket for the carbon canister.

Attachments

• fuel tank_001.JPG
    fuel tank_001.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 496
  • fuel neck_001.JPG
    fuel neck_001.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 502
  • fuel filter_001.JPG
    fuel filter_001.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
5) Modified the coolant overflow tank.
6) Modified my tow hook and cut out the hole in the body. Making a mounting bracket for the tow hook tomorrow.
7) Modified the Frankenstein parking brake creation... :)
8) Modified my steering wheel and install the NRG quick release hub.
9) Cutout the hole for the window wiper and installed the wiper blade to the wiper arm.
10) Confirmed that the wiper motor is setup for 110 deg. sweep motion.

Attachments

• parking brake_001.JPG
    parking brake_001.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 527
  • wheel_001.JPG
    wheel_001.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 472
  • wheel_002.JPG
    wheel_002.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 430
Thanks for the starter number. I removed the black insulation from the transaxle using your method. What a pain in the a_ _ but it does look better with the race tail.

My chassis as delivered from RCR would not allow full shock travel in the bump direction. I optimized the suspension travel so that 2/3 of the shock travel in bump( from ride height) is available. The shock spacers were needed to change the shock location so that the bell crank arm didn't hit the chassis in full bump.

Today I finally was able to install the roll bar. I completed the parking brake bracket and adjusted the parking brake cables. I installed the quick release hub and new steering wheel. I installed the shock spacers and started to install the fuel filler neck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 463
Tomorrow I plan to finish installing the fuel filler neck and get some serious work done on the transmission mounting.

Last edited:
Garry:

I don't see why the horn wouldn't work.. As long as the ISIS is set up to accept a horn input and deliver a horn output. I've not gotten to wiring but most states require a horn so I would think that the ISIS is all set up.

I installed the housing for the rearward camera today. I also started prep on the clamshell body section.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 567
Back