Aaron's SL-C build...

Door release links.. 3D print magic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
I fabricated all of the body spacers and IP spacers. I final trimmed the inner/lower interior trim. I fabricated the inner door latch rods and finalized the inner door releases.

Ground breaking on my new bat cave

We broke ground on my new garage at my new home this week. Moving and remodeling my new home has been all consuming of my life. Hopefully in a month I'll be all over the SL-C again. I'm not sure that I'll put her on the road this season though. I've likely got a couple month of work before I do..

I was able to complete many projects on my home since July.. I've got it all buttoned up for the winter. My garage is built, less electrical, insulation and drywall. I'll be focusing on those items along with lighting and heat this fall.

Whoa!!!   It takes a ton of time to build a garage and remodel a home while working an Engineering job and having a fabulous girlfriend to boot.   SL-C is #4 on my to-do list (posted on my garage door).

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
LOL!

How's it going Aaron? No worries, it took me ten years to finish my Cobra, for many of the same reasons.

LOL, enjoy and let us know if there is a build thread on the Garage Journal forum (crap, did i destroy 20 hours a week of your schedule?).

Seriously, enjoy the process and take time to breath deep and have a beer ;-)

No GF (or wife) here either! A requirement when trying to complete one of these things in less than several years if doing anything custom at all. Thank God my son is a teenager and is no longer looking to me to be his source of entertainment. That's another major hurdle in freeing up time, aside from working 60+ hours per week in my "other" job that actually earns me money.

A.J.

A J,
Just remember you are moving into the 2nd phase of teenage hood. The one that says teenagers and budgets don't get along well together!!

Bill

I'm back on my build with a vengeance. It was great meeting Pete and A.J. this past weekend in Ohio.

I'm tackling the front and rear bonnet over the next several weeks. I've begun to mount the carbon fiber inserts in the front plus making canards. im also planning to stiffen my splitter and create a different front bonnet mount than I've seen before on the forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 310
Back