Allan's GT-R First start

Looks incredible, Allan! First pic anyone has posted of the gauges as well. Can't wait to see pics with the body on at ride height. Looks like it won't be long now!

What size Nittos are you running?
I don't suppose the kit comes with aluminum toggle switches for the dash, does it? Always loved those on the FGT.
Lastly, do you plan to run a wing?

Best of luck finishing it up!

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Fans are huge and powerful (thanks for the picture) but what size are they?

Thanks for the picture of the t body height.

Last edited:
Alan

You never cease to amaze, the speed you are able to achieve during your builds.

Is that a new garage.....seems bigger than I think I remember :thumbsup:

Is that shift assist box an aftermarket unit, and would it help the SLC? Your thoughts?

Alan

You never cease to amaze, the speed you are able to achieve during your builds.

Is that a new garage.....seems bigger than I think I remember :thumbsup:

Is that shift assist box an aftermarket unit, and would it help the SLC? Your thoughts?

I put up a new 2100 sq. ft. garage last year. Really nice to have to have the space.

The shift assist box was co-designed with Peter, a fellow SL-C builder. It will work the same on any Graziano trans-axle using the cable shift shifter. It does fit inside the center tunnel of the SL-C.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Allan,

Would you be willing to share the details on how to make the shift assist box? The biggest complaint I have about driving my SLC with the Graziano is it's really tough to find 2nd gear.

Allan,

Would you be willing to share the details on how to make the shift assist box? The biggest complaint I have about driving my SLC with the Graziano is it's really tough to find 2nd gear.

I'll post some pictures of it and an explanation of how it works. Basically it acts as a stop point/guide to find 1st and 2nd.

Looks like you have an aftermarket seat in there. Can you share the details? I am thinking about sticking with the factory seats but might switch if there is a good option.

Looks like you have an aftermarket seat in there. Can you share the details? I am thinking about sticking with the factory seats but might switch if there is a good option.

They are Sparco seats that have a lot of padding. I also have the seat on a slider so between the padding and the slider it sits about 6 inches higher.
I'm 5'8" on a good day and still have plenty of head room with them, but I'd say 6' would be pushing it.

If you guys are willing to post your design up that would be FANTASTIC!

Allen, did you build your own test track as well.......

Looks like there are some serious design improvements since the SLC.....

Looks so mean, Allan :thumbsup:

Do you plan to run a wing?
I don't suppose the kit comes with dash toggle switches like in the FGT, does it?

I am going to start out without a wing and possibly add one later on.
No dash toggle switches.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I like the looks of the GT-R better without the rear wing...the wing is sorta boy-racerish, IMHO.

I understand the need for downforce for racing...just curious to hear if it really is necessary for normal street/road use.

Cheers!!

Doug

Back