alright, nothing to do with cars, even

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This is a shoutout on behalf of an English clothiers named Charles Tyrwhitt. For not only finding a set of the boots I wanted to buy, remaindered down to 1/3 their initial price, but ALSO sending me a second set a half-size smaller, and offering to pay the freight costs not only to send the second set, but to return the set that doesn't fit as well. All this effort, unasked, for a sale that will amount to $160.00 USD. They have made a customer for life. AND they have a sense of humor when you phone them. Not even LLBean have a sense of humor.

Well, I TOLD you all it had nothing to do with cars, dint I?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The best advertisement in the world is word of mouth - or keyboard.

I'd say they've earned it and then some.

I have been using them for the last ten years almost exclusively, for my shirts. +1 for Jim's recommendation.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I am glad that a genuine Brit feels that way. As you know, Americans have no taste and will buy ANYTHING :) It's a damn good thing we have English clothiers to keep us from going out in public wearing an old barrel or something. LOL

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Oh please, English boots. Lets talk Texas Boots. From mild to wild, cheap to more than a Bentley, Cowboy boots make a statement whether your in the White House or the outhouse. Jim maybe your America wears their pants around their ankles, but we are a hell of a lot more civilized than you Yankees.

Keith

Regretfully, we of the 'straight' ilk cannot wear so-called cowboy boots any more as they have become gay iconwear (you know, how one recognises another etc)

Big in Brighton...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Regretfully, we of the 'straight' ilk cannot wear so-called cowboy boots any more as they have become gay iconwear (you know, how one recognises another etc)

:stunned: Well now, that's a new one. :sad:

That news is going to come as an epic shock to Texans (Arizona, New Mexico & Montana folks as well)...especially the ranchers down there...not to mention the rodeo crowd everywhere.

John Wayne must be 'spinning'...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yes, about 4000 revs, in his grave. If not faster.

I can't wear cowboy boots. And no one would believe a Jew in cowboy boots anyway :)

The ones I bought are kind of like paddock boots, but plainer.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
In Texas, they are like tennis shoes, and I AM Jewish!
They are worn to the CEO Boardroom to the back 40. When managing construction projects, they are my favorite, since I can just clean the boots and meet with customers.
Try that with you Teva's.
Now as for picking on men that don't know how to aim, I don't know about them, not my thing, I still would pick a fight with 6% of the nation.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Maybe they're okay if your Jewish and from TX. If you're Jewish and from MD, it lacks cred :) Of course, hardly anyone does wear cowboy boots up here.

Which, if you think about our proximity to the national capital and the level of bullshit just lying around everywhere, is probably a shame. As in, "pull up your pants, it's too late to save your boots"

If I could find a set of boots like the Fryes I wore out in college, I'd get a set again. I wore them until they were unrepairable. Loved them. They had a low heel and zipped up the sides- easy to get on and off and fit great. Wish I had them now.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Maybe they're okay if your Jewish and from TX. If you're Jewish and from MD, it lacks cred :) Of course, hardly anyone does wear cowboy boots up here.

Which, if you think about our proximity to the national capital and the level of bullshit just lying around everywhere, is probably a shame. As in, "pull up your pants, it's too late to save your boots"

If I could find a set of boots like the Fryes I wore out in college, I'd get a set again. I wore them until they were unrepairable. Loved them. They had a low heel and zipped up the sides- easy to get on and off and fit great. Wish I had them now.
My brother loves those type, He gets them from as special location, see if he can get me info. Black, low rise, zip side, plain dress shoe front, low heel.

:stunned: Well now, that's a new one. :sad:

That news is going to come as an epic shock to Texans (Arizona, New Mexico & Montana folks as well)...especially the ranchers down there...not to mention the rodeo crowd everywhere.

John Wayne must be 'spinning'...

Tiz true Larry, the mustache and cowboy boot wearing fraternity here in blighty
are to be given a wide berth. Guys like this Anus Rhammer - North America - Summoners - League of Legends should also be avoided.

Bob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
We drove to a place nicknamed Pinktown. We didn't know it was called that.(I think it was called Provincetown) It was right on the peninsula. They were wearing cowboy boots and cut off shorts and leather waistcoats and with huge pet dogs. Very much Village people types. The cowboy boots were the on going theme. Accept it. That's what you look like wearing them.
Tirrits in Jermyn Street make some fabulous shirts , fabulous clothes, and fabulous boots. Pinks and Crocketts as well. There are fabulous boot shops on Jermyn Street and Duke St Saint James. Really fabulous loose leaf tea as well in Fortnums.
Sorry to blurr the continents - they all seem to blurr into one these days ..........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Global Village. What a nice turn of phrase. Its migrated to Brighton and Hove here on the southcoast of England. I've been told there are some really nice people living in Hove , many cabin crew and quite a few ballet dancers. I am sure they are right as I've never met a bad one yet. In fact I've never met anyone from Hove yet.
Y......m.....c.....a..............
Y......m.....c.....a..............

I lived almost exclusively wearing one pair of cowboy boots for the entire decade '85-'95. The only thing that must never be done however, is to wear the trouser leg inside the boot. This is of course, very gay!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I rather like my cowboy boots, bought them in Steamboat Springs Colorado, they are to hot to wear in Brisbane. As is my pink shirt.....Y......M.....C....A....

Back