Another friggin rattlesnake!!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Brain I hope your dog pulls through OK. My dad had one of his dogs that got bit in the nose, she survived but really made her nervous system screwed up. She shook like a leaf in the wind till she passed away several years later.

Al, thank God JRs are small dogs. If they were big they would be bringing down cows and horses. :) They are not afraid of anything.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah, Zach is fine. He gets the shakes every now and again, but I think that's still him running to where the snake was and remembering what happened. Friggin idiot. First thing he did when we got him home was go check that SAME EXACT SPOT to see if it was still there. God, what a dumb ass dog...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Budgie smugglers!??!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That got me!! Laugh, I nearly p*?**d meself!!

Murray

We had an incident happen in Orlando, FL a few days ago where a guest at a hotel was bitten in the lobby of the hotel. What surprized me most was the hotel......It was the Ritz Carlton. I guess if you're going to get bitten that's the hotel I'd want to get bitten in. I'm sure they paid for the room, hospital bills and a few other things. Not a venomous sanke but still a snake. Obviously a snake with a bit of classssssss. Glad to hear the pooch is OK.

My 80 pound pound puppy/bird dog got hit by a diamond back about 15 years back. Right on the nose. We lived out pretty far then and it was an hour or so to the closest vet. Went over 100MPH gettin the dog there. The vet says "Hum. Looks pretty bad." Took him in back. Little while later a "nurse" comes out and says, "He's in bad shape. We're gonna give him this, that, and the other. That's gonna be $1300. We have financing available". I said, "WOW. Hold on a minute there. I can't afford $1300". She then tells me that for about $800 they would put the dog down. I told her to just bring him back out and I will deal with it back at the ranch. Then she says, "Well, we do have this other treatment we can do". I say, "How much is that?" "$200" "Sign me up!" Dog was fine the next day.

Moral of the story is, just like a lot of doctors these days, don't think that things that make the doctor/vet more money aren't pushed on us. To some immoral people that's all life is about. Dog lived another ten years and wouldn't get anywhere close to another snake, although he would bark like hell and circle them when he saw one.

Back