Another GT40 lands in Canada!

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
For those wondering where Andy Besic's car ended up, look no further than my garage in Ottawa.

I never expected to own a car that would make my Pantera seem tall, slow and quiet, but this is the car that does. Andy did a great job mechanically and the visible wear on the car makes it look like a real 66 GT40 that just came off the track for a pit stop.

Trailering her home was hilarious. I've never seen so many camera phones in one trip. I can see this is going to be quite an adventure and I'm glad to finally join the rank of owner, and no longer dreamer.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Here’s some pics of her in new home.

Attachments

• 80298-garage1.jpg
    80298-garage1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 594

Ron McCall

Supporter
That's awesome Mark!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Looks like a vrey nice car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandito.gif
Are you coming to Carlisle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ron,

I wish I was going to Carlisle, as I really want to see your car (looks awesome so far, by the way). Unfortunately another trip interferes. Looks like I may need to make a trip to MD next time I visit my family in PA.

Mark

Nice purchase, Mark. You will no doubt have a lot of fun with your new toy, and don't worry about the cameras you will get used to it. By the way, your garage looks a lot like mine with a GT40 parked nexted to a Pantera. I even have the same extra set of Pantera rims sitting on the floor between both cars! We are having a Pantera club tech session tomorrow at one of the club members house. The tech session is to prep all the cars for the Las Vegas Pantera ralley next month. Usually about 10 to 15 cars show up to get worked on by club members.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Wow Patrick, that makes you, me, Ron McCall, Jerry (jercarnut) and I'm sure several others as being Pantera/GT40 owners. As different as these beasts are, they sure strike the same chords! We have a lot fewer Pantera owners up here, but even in Ottawa I know of six. Only one GT40, however (that I know of...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark - Race ya!!!!!! (I just need a few kids and a broom handle to get me around the block).

Have fun and enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Chris

Hi Ron,
Not planning on going to Vegas this year. To many other things going on to break away. Anyway, have fun in Vegas.

[ QUOTE ]
We have a lot fewer Pantera owners up here, but even in Ottawa I know of six. Only one GT40, however (that I know of...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit Mark, I wanted to be the first one in Ottawa!!!

Oh well, they're bringing up the GT to Canada now, did you catch the Gulf Heritage at Campbell Ford?

Glad to see NO front license plate, you'll have to let me know how it goes with the local constabulatory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually, I'll PM you as I want to take a closer look.

I'm so jealous!!

Rick

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hey Mark,

Fantastic, the more the merrier!!!

Cheers

PS: We need to all meet a centrally located Tim Hortons, hahahaha

Congrats Mark!!!!! It was getting lonely here at the top of the world with these great cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Guys,

I wish Toronto wasn't quite so far away. We'll need to arrange something of a get-together when and where we can all meet.

Mark

Congratulations Mark.
If you think Toronto is far....... try Calgary.
Still feeling a little lonely over here. Driving these cars on Canadian streets is always a show - even for the exotic car guys.

You got it just in time. The weather has been great this April.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Mark,

Fantastic, the more the merrier!!!

Cheers

PS: We need to all meet a centrally located Tim Hortons, hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Napanee, Belleville, or Kingston...?

I want to see someone attempt to go through the drive-thru, though ;p

I have ridden in that car and experienced what the skinny pedal can do!! Congrads, keep the rubber on the road.

Enjoy

Kevin

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mark,

Another one lands in Canada! We just received a stunning Black wide body CAV GT for another Ontario customer. I really didn't have a grasp of what the black looks like but it's gorgeous! With a bit of luck we can get several different makes together this summer and terrorize the locals:)

Attachments

• 80719-CAVShop1.jpg
    80719-CAVShop1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 497

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ian, it looks terrible in black. I think your customer would prefer a weathered red car instead. I would be willing to discuss a trade.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow. That will be one happy customer when you’ve finished working your magic on the car. Now I’m really itching to come for a visit...

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mark,

A visit would be great and bring Rick with you, sounds like he could use a recharge, once around the block should do:)

Cheers

Back