Another road legal CAV in the UK!

I got my CAV through the SVA test yesterday on the second attempt. Unlike some recent experiences reported on this forum the tester (at the Mitcham test centre) was extremely helpful - it was marginal on a couple of issues but he was happy for us to keep at it and get it through. Next step is the registration (on a "new" plate) and to actually drive it!

Brian Yeomans

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Brian

Congratulations - long haul and almost there now.

In comparison the registration is easy but again Government departments do not work quickly!

Take all the documents to Wimbledon DVLA (Take a yicket at the door and expect at least an hour sitting on their metal benches), invoices etc. they will pick a few that cover the engine, box, chassis and brakes oh yes and a certificate of newness from CAV will aslo help.

Pay them the fees (about £170 plis £38 to register) Make sure to do this r they stop and wait for you to come back in and pay!

They will probably want to do a Chassis VIN plate inspctionand engine number check - if so a trailer trip in is required and make an appiontment or they will not let you in through the barrier. (No not legal to drive the car there) They may send the examiner to your home to do the test for a further fee.

Then wait till the day they say and go back in and collect yourregistration number and invoices duly stamped.

I did not get her name but an Asian Lady (Counter 3) in the DVLA center Wimbledon was very helpful and knowledgeable and did both Paul's and my registration.

Best thing about this is the DVLA is immediately next to Wimbledon train station so real easy to get there!

So I would guess by next weekend you'll be on the road!

Ian

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Congratulations Brian, spoke to you a while back when I was considering ordering a CAV. Glad to hear you've got it on the road :D

Back