Anyone following the Rugby?

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Following it, but not to the extent that I'll get Sky specially to watch.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Watching.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 151
Well as a South Weston-er I was bought up on Rugby Union until I was exiled to the North West and discovered Rugby League is aq far better game.

Glad I watched the Springbok japan game yesterday. Japan seem to play a lot like a league team, apart from no really big hits.

For any football / soccer fans some info on rugby for you, and for any American Football fans rugby league is like American football but without all that namby pamby padding.

The Rugby World Cup - A Guide for Footy Fans
Some of you Football Fans will doubtless want to give some of your time to the RWC over the next few weeks, so you may find the following useful. Firstly, you may have noticed that England have been paired with Uruguay. Do not be alarmed, they are actually shit. Surprisingly, more worrying are Wales, who are half handy, and Australia who are more than handy, they are Fecking Good. You may also have spotted Fiji. Fiji does not play Left side midfield for Southampton, its actually a place and we are playing them tonight
During the Matches you will see some disturbing sights. Players are going to get Hit. They are going to get Hit Extremely hard, and they are going to get up again without complaining, and without rolling around in agony. This is normal in Rugby, and is called Manning the Fuck Up. You will also notice that the Players will not surround the Referee and call him A Wanker. They will also not call the Touch Judge A Blind Wanker. Finally, the Crowd will not sing 'The Referees A Wanker'. I know its Odd, but we kind of like it that way.
The Rules. This obviously is a tricky one. Four Years ago the Call of choice from Footie Fans was 'Over the Top Ref'. You were never right then, and chances are you wont be now. Far better to go with 'In at the Side'. Since neither the Players, the Ref or the Crowd ever get this right, there is every chance you may pull this one off. Just don't shout it during A Scrum or A Lineout as you will look A Complete Dick. Finally, don't bother shouting 'Not Straight' at A Scrum. No International Scrum has been fed straight since 1987, and that was an Accident
Watching in the Pub. This will be equally strange for You. Supporters of both Teams will be present and wearing their 'Colours'. They are not going to attempt to Kill or Maim each other, And they will not abuse each other with Foul Language. The Atmosphere will be pleasant (unless too many of you arseholes turn up....) It will most definitely NOT be A wise move for you to 'Offer someone out'. In the unlikely event that someone from A Rugby Club 'Offers you out', The wisest course of action will be to leave via the Toilet Window.
I hope you find this useful, and please try not to be too much of A pain in the Arse. Enjoy!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
We're all the results expected?

I must say I thought Scotland were on more of a high but SA outplayed them yesterday

Australia, well yes, reed my post a couple of days back

So what next?

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone following the Rugby?

Not any more. Its a waste of bandage and strapping. What a bunch of outclassed desperate dans......

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Bob
I cannot shout
I was brought up in Rhodesia /Zimbabwe but they never even got to the tournament

Closest support would be South Africa but there were the "enemy" when you were shouting for Zimbabwe

Folks hail from Scotland so perhaps that through DNA lineage

Though I do find it amazing the there have been so many unusual results, at proves it is still a game!

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

What team?
More like a bunch of bearded desperados. The Australians at least looked like athletes.
It will be a long time before I ever go to Twickenham again.

Please don't tell me they were paid a salary as well?

They were.......

Oh fuck........................

And Lancaster as well?

Double fuck...............

Back