Anyone know anything about this car at Soveriegn?

Keith

Yeah, not the most elegant puke bottle I've ever seen. Car looks OK though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
I have been to see this car. It has a few unusual features such as the fuel filler being in the 'B' pillar on the passengers side something like a Transit van. It has been carried out quite nicely. The filler caps at the front are 'Aston' type not the correct flat top ones and are dummies. It has a cable gear change but not the normal GTD set up, it uses one cable either side of the 'box. The salesman at Soverign says it is the best GT40 gearchange he has used. I understand the engine is high spec.

It is a tidy car but just a bit different.

Brian.

I've been to see the car and also saw the Gulf car they had at the same time. Comparing the blue with the Gulf I couldn't even consider it seriously. It's a Gt40 that needs about £10k to bring it up to my not too fussy standards.

Cheers,

Ian

Interior, engine bay, suspension. Basically its old, needs updating, tidying and bringing up to scratch. Comparing it with the Gulf was the deal breaker. And considering spending more money on it would be the same as getting a decent kit from CAV or MDA (my current favourites).

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Guys, I have a question regarding the gulf car. In the photo looks like the motor has a single carb but with trumpets go give the appearence of throttle bodies, and I seeing this correctly?

Cheers, Neil

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Neil

Yes, what you see is what you get, eight inlet trumpets fitted to an air filter that look like Webers or fuel injection at first glance. The carb breathes through the filter and the trumpets.

Brian.

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Had a look at it today, seemed a nice car but I'm not sure it's £30k nice. Thing is that now I'm comparing it to a CAV & although that'll cost me £10k more to build, the fully aeroquipped bay, suspension, mono chassis etc etc. I can see where the extra money would be going. Overall nice car, but not at that price.
Brian, do you know of any GTDs up for sale at the moment, shoot me a PM.

Regards
Jay

Jay,

you mentioned Insurance? What were you quoted? I'm looking for a reasonable quote myself.

Cheers,

Ian

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Insurance was about £700 for a £30k GTD up to £1500 for a £55k CAV. That was with myself & my mum on a policy. Think I was the majority of the premium as I'm only 27 & have 6 points.

Jay

Mike Pass

Supporter
The Gulf car is on the cover of theApril 2006 Kit Car mag and is the feature car The odd trumpets are fake ones stuck on the air filter above the Holley carb.
Cheers
MikeP

Back