Battlecry..!!!!!

I totally agree with you!!!! Been there done that, threw away the T-shirt! blah! I have experienced all of the above and what the company learned about the coupe pit falls only duplicated in the GTM offering. With all the free, did I say free advice and product designing on their forum, they do not take advantage of it. I have even offered a FREE test bed for their engineers(????) to extremely test their new ideas and got nothing and absolutely no interest. Where else could you get real race testing, real group analogy (cost lots of mullah) for FREE. Sound testing and positive results, sells kits. I ask the same question. Like the first year, items to be Fixed: shock mounts (3 years later) doors (no fix after 4 years) Door latch error(no fix) cooling system (no fix) engine heat( no fix) ..big ticket items at a glance..

Richard

I was talking to one of the FFR guys at the SEMA show and when I asked him about using an alternate drive-train he seemed offended and blew me off. I know where my money is NOT going!

So that 42 gallon gas tank is a standard "option" on the SLC?

I've said it before, and I will say it again. If what you want is to bolt an engine and trans into a roller and "go" quickly, then spend the extra money up front and go with the SLC. If you are about making the vehicle your own, saving on the up front costs, and building "your own car" then the GTM is the way to go. $$ ends up about the same, but some people see the journey as being just as important as the destination. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
In addition to some of the items listed above....

Unless you have a fair amount of time on your hands and are not afraid of a bit of work - I'd look into having the body and dash fitted, doors hung, latches installed by RCR. If you're going with the Gulf-Wide or +2, having the body work done on the rear clip will save you a lot of effort as well.

I'll second the above. Not sure what Fran charges but I'd bet it's worth it. You CAN get through it eventually (check my build thread if you want to know where you can go with it), but it's a lot of work if you're a novice...

If you're building it yourself and want to get to driving it ASAP, it's probably money well spent. I am in it for the build experience at this point and am taking my time.

Just for referrence, since some seem to think that the body of the SLC requires NO work as delivered. :) Granted I don't think this was a SLC specific post, but you get the point. RCR cars may have LESS issues with body fitment, but there still is work that needs to be done for final fitment.

Sorry Crash...you are wrong mate...the body on the SL-C can be buffed and need no body work....and yes that endurance tank is now something we can offer as an option because its an ATL SL-C part number and everything is in CAD for making more..

You can also start the build of an SL-C for under 10k....check out the SL-C spec section of the www.superlitecars.com website

The RCR40 is a vintage replica car and my panels are direct pulls and as the attached show...with patience ,even they can be installed and aligned without the need for silly putty....this buffed gelcoat....as is the red car that RCR Australia runs on track....The car pictured was one we took to the PRI show four years ago...many commented how lack lustre the paint was, but once told that it was indeed only a gelcoat finish their attitude changed to surprise and congratulations..

Attachments

• RCR40_12_fs.jpg
    RCR40_12_fs.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 313
  • RCR40_14_fs.jpg
    RCR40_14_fs.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 293
  • RCR40_15_fs.jpg
    RCR40_15_fs.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have a SLC in my garage right now. I wiil tell you that it has the best as produced body pannel fit I have ever seen on a kit car. It is as close as done from the delivery as possible. I would advise that you have Fran finish the bodywork to paint ready and be done with it.

Anybody who has completed a fiberglass kit car knows that the body alinement prep can be a huge amount of the kind of work that is the least enjoyable. In fact it can be miserable to the point of resulting in an unfinished/incomplete car. My GTD was at LEAST 400-500 hours of body work to get it good enough for me to paint it. I haven't started my SLC body prep yet but I would think that it can be done in about a week of evenings after work.

As far as the rest of the car goes, it apears to me that it can be completed with any american V8 from my old school SBC 350 to a Ford 4 cam mod motor coupled to any number of transaxles from a 016 audi to all of the porsches, ZF types and Abins (sp)variants up the huge Recardo from the Ford GT. In a word, lots of room back there.

The interior is the largest and has the most room I have ever seen in a mid engine two seat kit car. I would guess that it is at least as roomy as a Corvette or a Ford GT.

These were the three points that sold me on the car. As far as performance goes, all of these cars can be built to be faster that any one of us amature driver car handle. Others will have there own opinions and we will see how the 25 comes out...... I'm hoping that both cars finish without problems. That last couple of hours should be really fun to watch.

Of course, I'm in the SL-C camp. I simply wish it to be a safe and as uneventful as possible! Best to all entries!

LOOK!!!! a puppy......

When I grow up, I want to be an SLC!

Winner of the Kit car battle will win a NEW TOYYODA!

Couple more weeks! can't wait to meet everyone!

PDG PLEDGE: 1.00 for every lap we lead the SLC ( should be about 500.00)!

WISH LIST: I wish that evryone has a great and safe race!

Cheers, Richard

Richard,
I was up at Infineon again today and there happened to be a NASA event there too. I drove around the paddock area looking for your car but no such luck, again. I did see Mike Downs in his GTM but it was as he was pulling out of the raceway before I could say hi. Thought I'd catch him on 101 but he headed towards Vallejo instead.

I'll take you up on your PDG pledge, but it has to work the other way too. $1 for every lap the SL-C leads the GTM.

Dave,
SURE! it is the ultimate WIN-WIN! A group could pledge for every lap the SLC leads and every lap the GTM-R leads. 1.00 a lap involving about 50 people from both sides makes Fran's efforts remembered for a long time to come! And the stories that would be told !

RM

Saw a FFR tractor and trailer at the service plaza, just north of OK in Ks last night. Had a pick of the GTM on the side and out of CT or MA. Is that one of the factory trucks or one of the teams racing?

Look how horrible my slc body looks unpainted in gelcoat :shy::shy:

lift2.jpg

car1.jpg

pol3.jpg

pol2.jpg

I'm surprised you can fit 42gal into there - i just can't visualize how the heck it could be done. Any pics of the tank?

Alex, that looks terrible, you might as well just give it to me so you don't have to look at it any more ;)

Back