BDRGT#153 Build Gallery

I think that I found my 20 years of service retirement gift

ahh.sized.jpg

Thanks. I think that you have helped me make my descion on which one and who to go throught to get mine. You have ane awesome color that is colored perfectly.

Charles, the BDR GT is just amazing ! The fit & finish being factory built is just perfect. Jay & the guys @ Vintage are great & a pleasure to work with. With CAV/Auto Futura building the new product for Backdraft Jay also has some very special pricing.Just add the Roush & push the start button !:thumbsup:

Sweet Rick! I will be inquiring with them. I still would like to have one run on E85 and/or CNG. I think it would be awesome to see or own a GT40 running on these fuels.

Last edited:
Rick

great pic, one of the best views of a GT40 one can get.
Looks very clean and neat.
Wonder what the geometrie, especially the camber change in the rear is like if it goes to the suspenion travel. Any measurements yet ?

TOM

Thanks Tom. the BDR GT was all set and built for my Roush engine specs. The wheels are even high speed balanced. When we put it on the alignment machine we didn't even have to adjust anything. The owners manual specs for the front camber angle is half a degree, castor is 4 degrees. Rear camber angle is set a@ half a degree.The shocks & springs are all adjustable also . They seem to have set the car up for the best all around driving conditions.

Rick

Rick - When does the car get offered to the god of CT DMV? Or has it been there and survived? I'm waiting to see what they have to say as Mark's car has to go through as well. A.J.

Al , we have a family home in FL so I'll do the registration there & hope I can get a 65 title. Although we had a CT DMV inspector that came to the Lime Rock Vintage Festival. He knew Jay from all the Cobra's they've registered & he looked over the GT. He was very impressed & thought this would be easier than a Cobra to Register ??? The BDR GT comes with all DOT glass (clearly marked) not just the cabin glass but also the rear window. The head lights also have a DOT # on them so they are OK behind the plex covers.He also liked the leather dash & that is considered padded , which I think is required . He mentioned about side mirrors which I now have & he didn't say anything about the side plexi glass ? That could be removed for inspection anyway if needed. Being a factory built GT all the stainless steel mono frame ,wishbones,camber rods,swivel joints and everything else are all torque bolted & line marked. No offense to any of the kit GT's but this is the stuff the DMV guys look for and I think they give a lot more scrutiny to self built cars . Jay is going to bring it DMV for a test anyway so we can let Mark and anyone else in CT know what has to be done .:thumbsup:

The spec on bumpers is written so that any steel structure under the "skin" of the car body can be accepted as a bumper. Of course a different inspector on a different day can use that at their leisure for interpretation. I think a bolt on unit for the rear would be the only "gotcha" if any.

I am not as worried about inspection given our car, I would not have the same confidence in others out there based on what I know they look at.

Jay/Rick - For most of our cars the rear would have to be a 2 piece affair (with a trailer hitch type slide out) so the rear clip could pivot without interference.Let's hope this is not an issue. A.J.

Jay/Rick - For most of our cars the rear would have to be a 2 piece affair (with a trailer hitch type slide out) so the rear clip could pivot without interference.Let's hope this is not an issue. A.J.

On the BDR GT this would not be overly difficult. Because we have the bar that the entire rear pivots on. We can simply attach clamp on bumpers to this bar to meet the requirement if it is enforced.

While cleaning my BDR GT over the weekend I noticed a red handle ball valve with notched settings under the dash . When I checked the manual this is a brake proportion valve. I have about 100 miles on the car & it rides, handles & stops on a dime . I was just curious if all GT's have this feature & is there any benefit to different settings ? Or is this more for a race application for track driving ?

Thanks to the Long Island Cobra Club for a great day @ Columbus Circle in N. Y. What a drive & a great event . From CT. we took some nice parkway roads in at 6:30 AM. I had the heat on the way down & the A/C the way back . The BDR GT just continues to amaze me ! You can tool around the city in 2nd & 3rd gears & when you hit the Parkway you now know why the GT 40 beat Ferrari .:thumbsup: Oh yeah there were about 50 Cobra's & one other GT

Back