Big Bend Open Road Race

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I just registered for the Big Bend Open Road Race held in Southwest Texas on April 21-24 2010, this is a challenging road race with 50 turns in 59 miles, then return to the start for a total of 118 miles. The people in Southwest Texas are some of the best in the States and both city's that sponsor the race open there doors to the racers and have a huge celebration. If you have never done road racing your max speed you can dial in is 110 MPH average which is a breeze for the GT40. I hope to have some of you join me to form a Team GT40 for the first time in open road racing that I know of.

My scores from last year.
50.026 -mph(0:00.924+t)151Jack Houpe, Noel, MOnone68 Ford GT4031:51.522 @ 111.11632:31.220 @ 108.855
www.bborr.com

Jack

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jack, I am a member of the Houston Cobra Club and I do know a few members are planning on running in the BBORR. Perhaps one of them will be driving a GT40.....I'll post a question and ask. If I get any takers I'll send them your way.

[edit: a couple of HCC friends are planning on driving their Ford GT's in the race, they've already responded.]

Doug

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Rick I will work on that, have some good video but need to learn how to cut and edit. They are 32 minutes long. :) Thanks Doug, I am working hard on a few of the members that are close by to join in too.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I need to get out there and check this event out!!! I think it's only a 6 hour drive down there from Brownwood. LOL If you cruise through the area, let me know!! Need to talk to the wife and see if we can get some free time to make that event, it really sounds like fun every time I hear people talking about it.

Laters,

Brian

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Race is full with a line of people waiting for a cancellation. Will post pictures and video after the race.

Back