BOSCH Fuel Pump ???

With 1300 miles on the RF it lost the High Pressure fuel pump ( Bosch 0 580 646 070 ) Any suggestions for A better replacement ??? Looking for one that I don't have to worry if it will get Me back home or not. Thanks Wally

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Wally

the Bosch pumps are normally very reliable, but they do not like sucking any air.

So with this in mind presumably you are running a swirl pot so that the HP pump never sees air.

If you are not running a swirl pot then you are probably sucking air under braking from 1/2 tank down

Ian

Ditto that. The Bosch fuel pumps are generally very reliable. I'd stick with them. One in particular that is used extensively among the performance mod crowd for injected engines is the "044"

Amazon.com: Bosch 61944 5/16-Inch, 2-1/2-Inch Length No Round Nutsetter: Home Improvement

That link doesn't point to an 044 pump, though the picture seems to show one.

Several of us on the SLC forum have learned that there are many fake 044 pumps in circulation. Be sure you are getting what you think you are paying for. Sometimes a deal too good is just that.

There are pages on the web that identify real vs fake 044s. A simple look through them will help you avoid a fake.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Look into the Vortech T-Rex pump. It is external and moves a LOT of fuel. Like most though, it needs to be mounted low in order to continue functioning for any length of time.

Hi Guys Thanks, Looks like the right side low pressure pump was the culprit, As it shut down first and starved the swirl tank and high presure pump. Two new pumps on the way, Will let you know how I make out once I have them. Wally

When taking out the old low pressure pump I found that the butt splice for the ground had not been crimped under the heat shrink. There is nothing wrong with the pump just didn't have a path to ground, Any suggestions on how to clean out the swirl tank as the high pressure pump was locked up with white grit ???? Could the alcohol in the gas be reacting with the aluminum tank ??? as I had had this in the fuel rails and had to replace the injectors as most were plugged and wouldn't pass fuel even when held open with full 12 volts. Wally

Back