burned gt40-Michigan

does anybody know something more about this? (from wrecked exotics)

Attachments

• 6gt40 michigan.jpg
    6gt40 michigan.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 875
  • 6gt40_michigan2.jpg
    6gt40_michigan2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,021
Was Giacomo's car....ERA.

Listed on the forum for sale previously....it was a very pretty car...sad to see it end like that.

Last edited:
This is how it looked before. Like Fran said, it was a very nice example.

Attachments

• 88w-MVC-001F2.jpeg
    88w-MVC-001F2.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 577
  • 88w-GT40-at-NR&D.jpg
    88w-GT40-at-NR&D.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 666

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Interesting to see a Holden in the background... The damn things turn up everywhere.

Ron Earp

Admin
Was that the car that was on display as being an original? Seems like it was on display in a building or something like that.

Was a very pretty car.

Don't mean to sound ghoulish but I wonder if it is for sale? Right hand drive??

It would be quite a reach, as the photos clearly show the steering wheel on the left side of the car. :smug:

Seriously though--I saw this car on display at the Ford Centennial celebration several years ago. It was on display on an island in the middle of the Model T loop (Ford hired a bunch of Model T owners to give rides to people around a short scenic loop, with various significant cars from Ford's past on display).

Sad to see what's become of it. I suspect it's a total loss, only salvagable for parts....:sad:

Chris Duncan

Supporter
I suspect it's a total loss, only salvagable for parts....:sad:

I don't know about that. It was obviously extinguished before it fully burned. Half the f-glass is still there and the tires all the way around. You'd have to be dedicated but it probably didn't get hot enough to damage the monocoque.

--I saw this car on display at the Ford Centennial celebration several years ago. It was on display on an island in the middle of the Model T loop (Ford hired a bunch of Model T owners to give rides to people around a short scenic loop, with various significant cars from Ford's past on display).

Sad to see what's become of it. I suspect it's a total loss, only salvagable for parts....:sad:
I remember seeing it there also, took some pictures of it. How sad to see someones pride and joy come to such an end:disappointed:

Back