Can anyone help my poor old stepdad?

Hi

My poor old stepdad bought a GTD 40 kit car from GT Developments in 1987. This was also the year he met my mum! For some reason, he didn't get a build manual with the kit, just some handwritten notes and sketches. It was all very romantic and fitted his dream of building a car - I'm sure you've come across this before. Sadly, the notes were not good enough and he sadly had to stop working on it. Like many kit cars, it became a memory and is languishing in his shed.

Then I married a petrolhead and had a son. This son is now 14 and he wants to start working on the car with his grandad. Please can you help this unfortunate trio and let me know where I could get a build manual? A pdf would be perfect as I could print it off and laminate the pages to protect from oily fingers. I'd like to give this to my stepdad for Christmas - he's had a rough trot lately and could do with a project to work on.

Hoping you can help - thanks x

Claire, is your stepdad aware of or a member of this site? If not please make him aware of us as there are many here who would love to offer any help possible. This group contains some of the most remarkably gifted people you'll find. I've always told my friends....the best GT40 tool I have is this forum. Good Luck to all in the build.

Claire,
I have the build manual on pdf.
Please e-mail me. The files are quite large!
Incidentally, your stepdad might like to join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. We'll be able to solve any and all GTD-related problems. See the website

The internet is an amaaaaaazing thing.

Congratulations on finding this place Claire, and best wishes for a fun and fruitful build/experience for your son and step dad! What a great project.

You Guys!!!

How awesome are you? :heart: Within 12 hours of my original post I had multiple copies of the build manual. My son and stepdad are going to be busy next year, that's for sure.

My son will definitely be joining this forum (unless he's too young then he'll be "helping me") My stepdad won't. He can't fix a computer with torque wrench :idea:

Huge thanks for everyone who helped. Huge thanks for everyone who offered but didn't hear from me.

Truly great forum, guys

Roughly where is Scotland are they?

I am based just south of Carlisle and have a GTD so once the weather picks up a visit north of the boarder may be practicable.

Seeing how things look when then have been assembled sometimes clarifies drawings that are mistifying!

All the best

Dave

Isn't that a perfect example of how the Internet is supposed to work!
Good luck with the build, post some pictures on the "Build Log" page

Again with regards to help.

I am based in East Lothian. If your are resonably close then I could try and offer some advice.

Where are you based.

Back