Celebrate!! / Does the Paddock Need to Continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Give me a break, my T.V. Has 400 gadzillion channels 99.9 % of I think are crap. Guess what if I don't like them I can choose not to watch them. You have a similar choice with the paddock, if you don't like a thread you Can choose to ignore it.
You are not forced to watch anything about politics religion or knitting. It's your choice, no one else's, so stop whinging if someone starts a subject you don't like. Better still start a thread about something that will interest everyone, how the Aphids are eating your roses for instance......

Geez -drop the paddock?? If you take away the paddock where will the blowhards, demigods and frustrated potential kings go to vent? They might go out and buy AK15's or 9mm handguns or bowie knives etc. and in their frustation turn into serial mass murders. Quess you better keep the paddock in the interest of public safety!

Give me a break, my T.V. Has 400 gadzillion channels 99.9 % of I think are crap. Guess what if I don't like them I can choose not to watch them. You have a similar choice with the paddock, if you don't like a thread you Can choose to ignore it.
You are not forced to watch anything about politics religion or knitting. It's your choice, no one else's, so stop whinging if someone starts a subject you don't like. Better still start a thread about something that will interest everyone, how the Aphids are eating your roses for instance......

Pete, I agree. I think the problem is when no matter which of the 400 gadzillion channels you watch, the same people with their silly, immature, and crazy rants pollute every topic. I would prefer to have a Politics and Religion sub-forum and let the crazies duke it out in there while we keep to healthy threads like "The dilemma" thread and "Landing in SF". Otherwise I say kill it totally; the group of people that like to "debate" politics and religion here don't seem to be able to have rational conversations. It just seems to be a place of hate.

I have all but stopped coming to the paddock in the past two years, visiting it maybe every two months. In my opinion, the best thing that happened was to have the New Posts button not index the Paddock and thus one can be able to visit the spewing of vitriol at their own pace.

Kevin

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Has this sticky thread outlived any usefulness? It's quite boring and doesn't really say anything new. Why is it still here?
When ever I switch on (not so often these days) the incredibly boring sticky and the equally boring 'right to bear arms....." sit at the top of the list in the paddock. The paddock really used to be a vibrant and often very funny area until certain people started their stupidity and since then so many have just turned their backs on it.
There was often fifty to sixty people at any one time on the paddock. I think that showed the popularity of the paddock. See how many there are now?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It all so much hot air and stupid posturing by a small group of total twats.
The paddock should be shut for ever.
It will not really be missed any more.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Maybe this thread has outlived its usefulness...

Or

Maybe it serves as a reminder to all that the Paddock can be gone forever with just a few mouse-clicks.

Frankly, I think the Paddock has its place - but only to a point. If it serves only as a platform where people can stand and vent their frustrations and try to drag others into that same blue funk, then it can simply be vaporized and I will not miss it for a moment.

If, however, people see and use the paddock as a gathering place to share in good conversation without attacking each other like hungry wolves - then it is good and we should do what we can to preserve it.

I appreciate the camraderie that is had in real racing paddocks. I only wish we had the same here in the virtual world.

Cute! I once told a U.S. Gov't agency (to get a contract) that I would marry a
black Pakastani one-legged Jewish lesbian with a speech impediment, and place the business in her name because of regulations requiring contract awards going first to
minorities. Couldn't find one though....

Keith

I once supported land rights for gay whales and applied for a government grant,
Strangely I was ignored.

Ha! I once asked a blind lesbian to go and buy some fish for my supper. It didn't end well...:uneasy:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Closing the thread for now as it seems to be a waste of time (mine and probably others).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back