Choosing color for gt40 MKI

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Handbrakes seems to work.... on that hill!
Nice collections of cars and colors....
Handbrake? Well it was pulled up to max and the car still crept forward. So jammed in gearwith engine off and still trying to roll. So a brick under rear tyre away from camera stopped the movement finally, but I think I was on about the steepest section!

Once home I tightened up the handbrake adjusters! I am sure it would have held if they were correctly adjusted!

Ian

Look at BMW Glacier Blue.

Gletscherblau Glacier Blue Metallic Blue

Interesting, most would say it’s a silver, but in sunlight it appears blue. Seems to have been a factory colour on the E36 and the 8 series of about the same time.

Ed McClements

Supporter
I know, I know...I could have started a new thread, but sometimes it's good to have the conversation all in one place. I thought the "what colour..." discussion is pretty much timeless, and a six-year gap in the conversation wouldn't matter too much!

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what colour this is?

Ed McClements

Supporter
Dark Moss Green Mustangs...

1967-Mustang-Fastback-GT-K-code-Dark-Moss-Green-HiPo-1-2.jpg

1967_00089_01.jpg

TBH, I'm not sure, either. If your pic is from someone on here, I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Thanks Eddy. It does look close but the GT40 body colour looks a little more open or maybe just the angle and/or lighting......

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Zircon green maybe? British Ford colour from the mid to late 60s.

Back