Chuck and Ryan's RCR Build

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
As Randy always says, "when it comes to wp fittings they both suck." In a stock configuration, one is input from the thermostat bypass and the other is input from the heater core.

Great post Chuck, thanks. I took my air bleed input from the rear of the manifold. Other than that, I used the same approach.

Thanks Mark.

Chuck

Supporter
Cup Holders

The RCR does not come with cup holders. In this day and age of multiple cup holders per passenger, this is a significant oversight, but one which can be easily remedied.

A flimsy cup holder hanging from the door or secured to the windshield with a suction cup is not acceptable. The holder needs to hold a hot cup of coffee securely when subjected to a G or more of cornering forces. Accordingly we turned to the marine environment, where the rocking and rolling of a sail boat traveling at 8 knots creates similar needs.

West Marine sells a cup holder insert, part # 395160 (black), $5.99 each, which is ideal for the GT. (www.WestMarine.com). It has a 3 ½” flange and a depth of 2 7/8”. Simply drill a hole on the door sill and drop it in. The hole should be slightly undersized to assure a tight fit in the event of a roll over. The inserts can be ordered in either black or white, so an appropriate color to coordinate with the cars décor should not be a problem.

One could add a second cup holder on each side for miscellaneous items. This handy receptacle is an ideal place to set that pesky cell phone when racing around the track or driving to the office.

We found that a 12 ounce bottle of water fits well. A Burger King “Cup of Joe” is a tight fit (as you can see in the picture), but a Starbuck’s “Tall” is easily accommodated.

Attachments

• Cupholders.jpg
    Cupholders.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 586
  • CupholderDimen.JPG
    CupholderDimen.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 672
  • CupholderDrill.JPG
    CupholderDrill.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 873
  • CupholderBottle.JPG
    CupholderBottle.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • CupholderCoffee.JPG
    CupholderCoffee.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,052
CHuck

great idea. You just need to install a holder for the kitchen towells, to scope with all the spill overs ( from the cup or somewhere else ) your passengers are creating.
The available space within the door would be an ideal place, don´t you think?
But please do one out of Carbon fiber. YOu know weight counts.

TOM

Chuck

Supporter
Okay guys, you caught me. Just having a little April First fun.

There will never be cup holders on our GT.

But the info is accurate should any one deem cupholders necessary . . . . . .

I love it. You guys crack me up. :D

Well done, very realistic.

Maybe Fran can offer it as an option, but only for customers who order on April 1st. :D

Chuck

Supporter
Kevin:

I appreciate your concern about the hole, but don't worry. No damage was done. See pic attached.

Attachments

• CupHolderHole.JPG
    CupHolderHole.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 834
Hi CHuck

Thanks again for all your hospitality. It was great to meet you and your family and take a first hand look at your wonderful built.

THanks
TOM

Back