CLP Motorsports LMP2 build

I would love to see as many pictures of these cars as possible.

The cost of this package makes it VERY attractive to people who would otherwise not be able to consider this type of racing.

I was extremely excited about this car when I first saw Fran post about it. So much so that I harrassed him enough that he finally relented and sold it to me. I finally got a chance to drive it this past Friday and it's fantastic. It is a very fast car even with a relatively mild hp/tq TDI engine (at least compared to what a 1.8t or 2.0t VW gas motor can put out reliably 400 - 500+hp) and the additional weight due to being in diesel powered endurance trim.

The best part about this platform (and the other single and tandem nemesis chassis's) is that car is very EASY to drive. It literally handles like a shifter kart in regards to its ability to turn like it is on rails. The turn in is very smooth and predictable, mid corner is stable and predictable, corner exit is excellent. The boost kicked in a little early in one corner and the rear stepped out, it was a very linear and smooth step out that was easy to counter steer and correct.

Fran did an excellent job in building the nemesis platform. A person with little to no track or racing experience could buy one, put in a stock VW 1.8t or 2.0t with 150 - 200hp and learn to drive in a safe and inexpensive car to operate (lightweight equals less consumables such as tires, brakes, etc) that can still turn very fast laps. Once the driver becomes competent enough to need more power, it's as simple as bolting on a larger turbo kit from APR or others which can yield 400+ hp at the wheels and cost less than $4000. Then you will have a fire breathing rocketship capable of turning lap records or close to it!!

We have a two seat tandem coming soon which will be powered by a high horsepower (500+hp) 2.0t and dog box or sequential trans. It's main purpose will be to give rides to prospective buyers and interested parties so feel free to contact us.

EXCELLENT job Fran!!!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks Pat....personally I love the way the Nemesis drives too.

The Nemesis is one of the most under appreciated cars that we manufacture...

The goal is to seriously change the perception , since the automotive drivetrain has become the only option the sales of the Nemesis and its siblings has grown considerably.

With the new Tandem and the latest changes in bodywork and suspension it can now take its place better aligned to the rest of the product line up.

Hi Jim,

my original idea was to build the car as a diesel so we could run in some of the longer races and have the SLC/LMP1 as the hare and the LMP2 as the proverbial tortoise...not that's its slow but as it would run much longer on fuel.

This car was originally built for the 13hr at VIR last October...Team CLP is going to be running it in Diesel format and their second one will be gas...and probably far more powerful than this.

It's great that your cars really race.

Best

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks Jim...

not as much as I would like but with customer builds and new products to develop there are only so many hours in the day ...

I know you know what I mean.

as a mutual pat on the back, Kudos to you and your team too....

Steve

Supporter
Just curious what the price is on the LMP-2 as a base without drivetrain? Went to CLP Motorsports website and didn't see one listed. Really looks like a killer package.

Steve, Luke or I will contact you regarding the LMP2 pricing. Thanks for your interest. The performance per dollar spent in this package is fantastic. Even better is the fact that you can throw in a stock VW 2.0L engine with 200ish horsepower and as you get more comfortable with the car, those motors can easily produce 300, 400, even 500+ HP relatively cheaply.

We will be putting a sequential transaxle in our LMP2 race car so that will be an option as well.:thumbsup:

So now that summer is dwindling down..... what has the car run at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Thunderhill so a West Coast racer can see its performance potential?

Justin, thanks for asking. The car is being torn down to powder coat the frame, work on the engine tuning, put in the sequential trans, etc. We didn't get as much track time as we would have liked with it before tear down but from the limited amount of time, it's definitely a fun and fast car. I'm excited to get our second car from Fran soon because I want to drive a high horsepower gasoline powered version. We have been extremely busy but we will try to do a better job of posting progress. We are extremely close to finishing our LMP1. We would have been done three months ago with that car if we weren't waiting on some custom built parts. We finally got them on Monday and have been working hard to get it finished.

Back