A few new updates...
The car has been sitting untouched since 15’, as it was destined for Thailand. The owner has never touched it. Yesterday they went to put in the fiberglass tub and realized it wouldn’t fit.....was shipped with a LHD tub. So essentially the thing has sat for 5 years without even realizing it has the wrong tub. They are contacting RCR to see if it can be resolved.
The plan is to drive up this weekend to get it, I don’t trust a shipping company, especially when the wheels aren’t even on it. I’m assuming 2015 was a time when RCR shipped them as parts only and not rollers.
I had another thread where I posted I was able to make my LS harness standalone. However, everyone advises that I should ditch the ISIS/infinity harness and use my own rendition. I think my plan is to ditch my factory LS harness and use the Holley Terminator with the LCD dash. That should give me complete engine values as well as a nice screen with MPH, odometer etc. As far as the car power management. I think I can use a universal harness from Painless Performance.
By going this wiring route it will allow me to tune and manage my engine without having a tuner do it ($500 savings), cleaner wiring, nicer dash, etc. I am clueless when it comes to the car wiring though. I don’t mine spending money for the Holley terminator, but I don’t want to drop a ton for the car wiring when it’s literally only being used for basic power components. If anyone can advise that would be great.
Car plans are as follows...
1. Built LQ4, should be at over 500Hp crank. Future plans are turbos. Will be testing my tig skills and custom building my exhaust.
2. G96 trans, won’t handle turbos but should be fine for now.
3. Plan to modify the street tail into a quasi race tail.
4. Will either buy the RCR gated shifter or Audi gated.
5. Battery in front with lift system should balance my weight.
6. Plan for plastidip. I love the idea of being able to change colors on a whim.
7. Need to completely waterproof the car, south Florida is brutal with downpours when you least expect them.
8. No cabin heat, only AC, more than likely buy the dirty dingo mount.