Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

My wife had already had her 1st jab bit of a sore arm and fever first day, had mine today no problems at the moment, both Astra Zeneca. Number of Covid Vaccination Centres in the town, I was lucky as it was only a 10 min walk across the park to mine which turned out to be the local Islamic Centre. Amazing experience, straight in loads of volunteers to guide you through, NHS nurse to give the jab, 5 min wait to make sure all was OK on my way all within 10mins.

Thank God for our volunteers and the NHS they have really got this right. Great shout on taking a photo thanks.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
No, Larry- you are correct. At the VA we were held for at least 15 minutes to make sure that no adverse reactions occurred from the shot.

No biggie. I figured the Brit-based vaccines (British-Swedish to be precise) might have a different protocol, that's all. ;-)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So I'm curious...
Here in the USA, the federal government is picking up the cost of the injections. Since we have a multi-national presence here, it seems fair to ask people in other countries - is your Covid Vaccination free or does your insurance pick up the cost? What is the cost to you all as individuals?

No biggie. I figured the Brit-based vaccines (British-Swedish to be precise) might have a different protocol, that's all. ;-)

It appears I possibly only had a five minute wait at the end, because I was on foot. Others I know attending the same and different centres, had 5 mins in the building then 10 minutes in their cars.

So I'm curious...
Here in the USA, the federal government is picking up the cost of the injections. Since we have a multi-national presence here, it seems fair to ask people in other countries - is your Covid Vaccination free or does your insurance pick up the cost? What is the cost to you all as individuals?

Like all NHS healthcare, Covid Vaccinations are free in the UK

Neil

Supporter
So I'm curious...
There is no such thing as a free lunch- you are paying for it one way or another. That said, I received both vaccinations at the VA (Veterans Administration) facility without cost- that is, if three years of my life is not counted.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
There is no such thing as a free lunch- you are paying for it one way or another. That said, I received both vaccinations at the VA (Veterans Administration) facility without cost- that is, if three years of my life is not counted.
Yeah - I get that - We the TaxPayers fund the Federal Government - at least it's not coming out of our pockets twice!
...and I too was vaccinated via the VA system here in Arizona..

Received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. Our local county health department is EXTREMELY organized. Easy and smooth affair, I was in and out in less than 20 minutes and 15 of that was spent sitting waiting to see if I had a reaction. No "direct" cost to us.

My wife being a teacher has already had both her doses of the Moderna vaccine. Vaccinating the teachers was also a very smooth process according to her.

Looking forward to life getting to the "new normal", whatever that ends up being!

Got my first Pfizer shot last week. Slightly sore shoulder and elbow next day, as well as feeling not quite 100%. Fine the day after. Saw an older gentleman pass out in his chair during the 15 minute waiting period, he came to and they took him to another room for further examination. Didn't seem emergent, more of a precaution.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The Mrs and I had our 2nd Pfizer shots about 2 hours ago. So far all is well. 'Glad the initial scheduling hassle is all over! THAT was ridiculous.
The hospital ran the actual INOCULATION process itself like a well oiled machine - no snags or hangups A-TALL for either shot! It was sure obvious the government wasn't in charge of that part of the whole process!

Previously I mentioned that our 2-week, post-shot, 'wait-for-full-immunization' period is up on 4/2/21...and that on 4/3, God willing, we'll be having dinner OUT for the 1st time in just over a year! 'Looking forward to it!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeew have nooooooo idea!
Friends of ours will be joining us. They went thru the whole inoculation process about 3 weeks ahead of us.

I have a couple of pounds left to lose before 4/3 though, or I won't be able to wear my 'good clothes'! 'Had nothing better to do than EAT for the better part of a year and it showed. 'Have lost all but about 6 pounds of it to date...and it will be no problem at all dropping those last 6 lbs over the next 2 weeks (he said with fingers crossed).

'Just thought of something! The Mrs can wear her Christmas present to that Soiree! (Or 'Soirée' if you prefer.) She's only worn it once to date just to see if it would fit - and it does! ;-)

'Shutting up now...

Was crazy easy for wife and I here in Austin Tx. Only started looking this week and by yesterday we had two appts. Walked into a pharmacy 1/2m from home and had the moderna jab in 15mins and didn’t even feel it. Still can’t next morning. Surprisingly easy to get and already have appt for 4/16 for second jab.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"The day after" having received the second Pfizer shot, this is our situation so far:

The Mrs is reporting a slight inner ear / equilibrium issue...and a slightly sore arm in the area of the injection. That's all.
Knock on wood, I have ZERO side effects to report other than the expected slightly sore arm in the injection area.
As others have already reported, neither the Mrs nor I felt either of our shots.
Unless something new develops, that's it from here...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A lady friend of mine had a breast removed a couple years ago due to cancer. She got the Moderna shot and thought nothing of it. The next day she started having issues with her breast like when her original cancer appeared. Scared to death, she immediately got into her cancer doctor. What they come up with is, that it was a reaction to the vaccine. About a week now, and she is fine and still cancer free. They were not able to explain the reaction, but that’s what they narrowed it down to.

I had my first shot of Oxford-AstraZeneca 4 days ago. No problems & second one booked for the first week of June.
Vaccinations going at good rate here in England, anyone over 50 or a carer can now book theirs.
Some figures below. (Pretty poor efforts by some developed countries....)

Back