Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, I’m tripple vax’d, caught covid 6th march at work in Norway when thd govt lifted all restrictions. I’ve been battling this now for almost 6 weeks, and I’m finally feeling better. Headaches, memory lapses, extreme fatigue and fever. Just hope I dont get infected again when I return to work now that its ok to go to work with a positive test if you dont have any symptoms!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
These were sent to me by a buddy on the East Coast (USA).
Is it medical word salad...or...?
You decide... ;)

Links deleted by moderator. This thread is about your own personal experiences - not what some shill doctors that have their own coffers to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try googling up "halting progress and happy accidents". Great article on the origins of mrna vaccines. Scientists have been working on this for MANY years. Its amazing all the problems that had to be overcome. Overcome them they did.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This thread is about your own personal experiences and progress.
Keep it centric to that and we’ll be okay.
Thanks guys...

Covid19 vaccine- report your progress
Polite reminder of the original post & purpose of this thread.
Not sure who drifted from the topic but reporting that there is evidence against it is actually quite important. Unless your suggesting starting a new topic about covid for general discussions, would that be preferred?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not sure who drifted from the topic but reporting that there is evidence against it is actually quite important. Unless your suggesting starting a new topic about covid for general discussions, would that be preferred?

No - we do NOT NEED or WANT anymore discussions of polarized topics on GT40s.com ...
There are plenty of Social Media outlets that would make much better platforms for such discussions.
Unless Ron decides to let those discussions on this platform, I think we just stay the course and keep our discussions more narrowly focused on the vehicles we love.
Thank you for understanding..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi, I’m tripple vax’d, caught covid 6th march at work in Norway when thd govt lifted all restrictions. I’ve been battling this now for almost 6 weeks, and I’m finally feeling better. Headaches, memory lapses, extreme fatigue and fever. Just hope I dont get infected again when I return to work now that its ok to go to work with a positive test if you dont have any symptoms!

Glad to hear that you’re on the mend, Morten!

My turn :rolleyes:. Made it this far before I got it. Fully vaxxed & boosted, so far just very mild flu-like or chest-cold like symptoms.

Not even that tired. No temperature st all, not even slightly elevated. I had cold symptoms. - sneezing, stuffed up sinuses, mild headache thanks to the sinuses, and maybe some light aches. Basically a solid cold.

Symptoms hit me 2 days ago, definitely caught it on spring break with the fam (thanks, Florida!) and it wasn’t really improving over the last day so I did an at-home test. The “+” line showed up instantly! Hopefully I’ll be lucky and this is as bad as it gets.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Caught it last September (after double Astra jabs) was bad for 3 days then it calmed down to just flu symptoms, caught it again a month ago with very mild symptoms. Very difficult not to catch as I work in an environment with around 12,000 16+ students on one campus. Not sure if I'm fatigued or its just old age.....

Sean S.

Supporter
Got my third Pfizer shot on Saturday. Had a horrible sore arm off of this one. I'm convinced it wasn't from the vaccine, but from the lady that jammed it into my arm as fast as she could. :rolleyes: I dont plan to go to CVS on a Saturday afternoon for a shot ever again.

No other side effects though.

Sean

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The missus and I got our second booster last Friday. Other than slightly sore arms at the vaccination point for a few days, no other ill effects.. Pfizer was the shot. She’d had 3 Moderna shots before.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Sick as a dog for the last three days but wasn't Covid, got tested twice. ( why does that word spook so many people ) must be the media !!. Out to the shop today for a very slow, back into gear mode.

Minor update to my experience - was a good solid, 4-5 days of symptoms. All medically mild, the worst of it was the general body aches and cough. They cleared quick when I started to get better.

Things I did not experience: tiredness (I carried on as normal), breathing chest pains, fever, any digestive issue, or any neurological symptoms with maybe the exception that it was kinda hard to pull words into the foreground. I.e. trying to think of a correct word, or trying to think of the name of a phone app I needed to use for something. I would only say that it was maybe noticeable over the normal brain sluggishness you’d experience with a bad cold or flu, but I definitely felt more “clarity” once the symptoms went away. Did not lose taste or smell.

The symptoms I did get were exactly cold and flu symptoms. The cough was productive at first, but dried up. I did have sneezing, which why I thought it was a cold, but it was probably just my irritated sinuses.

There you have it. Just have an occasional cough still a couple weeks down the road, but nothing else. Count myself lucky, and it blows my mind that nobody else in my family got it, but I’m glad they didn’t. Friend of ours just got it and she was hit a lot harder, vaxed but not boosted, she was out of work for a week.

Back