Coyote 5.0 in SL-C

The stock 5.0l Coyote engine fits very nicely in the SL-C chassis...

This particular one has a Ford OEM aftermarket supercharger and the customer is going to modify his body as needed...should he decide to use the S/C.

Attachments

• 100_3256.jpg
    100_3256.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 2,322
  • 100_3257.jpg
    100_3257.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,988

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, I'm just curious....have y'all put any of the Coyote packages into one of your RCR40's yet?

I'm wondering if it fit, which transaxle was used, what other issues you had to resolve, that sort of thing. I know the "look" won't be period correct, but that new Ford motor sure has potential, and I hear an IR stack-based EFI system is under development, so the look may get "closer" (but, of course, the heads will preclude getting "close enough")!

How closely is the Coyote related to the 4.6/5.4 "mod motors"? I know those respond quite well to the superchargers, so if the Coyote is similar, that might well be the way to go for those who don't really need "the look".

[edit--I see Ron was a minute quicker with his Q....great minds think alike, no?]

Cheers, Doug!

Last edited:
Its quite big lump compared to the SBFand the LS engines.

We aahve mocked one up in an RCR40 with a ZF box ..only issues is header clearance around the suspension...no room for the S/C though.

As you can see the intake manifold is in its OEM configuration due to the S/C but we have flipped an intake and have installed one in the reverse location for a NA application in a mid engined car...

Cheating against what? An empty spot in the chassis where a 90000+ hp NA motor is supposed to go although it hasn't shown up yet?

;)

Just kidding Alex

Kevin

Eventually you shall all rue the day you mocked the 5000000000000000cid engine :p

.....maybe

..........check back in 2020?

Fran,
Do you have any pictures for us of the RCR40 with the motor, transaxle, and exhaust mocked up?
Don

We aahve mocked one up in an RCR40 with a ZF box ..only issues is header clearance around the suspension...no room for the S/C though.[/QUOTE]

Fran

How much body modification is required to fit the supercharger in the SL-C? I guess that's rather ambigiuous, so how much extra vertical space is needed in a "bubble" to clear the supercharger? Is one of the rear clips better than the other (race vs. street tail)?

Eric

The Ford with stacks is a really good looking engine for sure. The Mustang they are in was my favorite Ford at SEMA that year. But I wonder why the heads have to be so big? The DFV four cam heads were nowhere near that size. As I think about it the heads on my NSX (4 cam) engine were pretty big too.

Back