Dave Briggs in GT40 crash!

Hi guys,

Many of you know, or at least know of Dave Briggs. He's a super guy from San Diego, who I have known for years because he was a Pantera owner for quite some time. In the past few years he's been enjoying his silver CAV GT40, and is a regular contributor to this forum.

I got this from the president of the San Diego Pantera Club today:

====

Hey everyone,

Dave Briggs and Doreen were involved in an automobile accident yesterday morning while driving the GT40 on Hwy 78. They are BOTH FINE albeit some broken bones and are both at Palomar hospital. Please feel free to contact Michelle @ xxxxxxxxxx or Bob @ yyyyyyyyyyy if you want further information on their condition. I am sure they wouldn't mind a phone call but we should probably wait a day or two. I will speak for all of us in wishing them a speedy recovery.

Driving is the most dangerous thing we do folks. Drive safe please.

====

This is all that I know. I sincerely wish them both a quick recovery, and I'm glad that they're both okay (generally). I have no idea what the condition of the car might be, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

Remember though; cars can be replaced, but people can't--especially good guys like Dave!!!! :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Best wishes to them both - but is it wise to post tel numbers on the web - they are likely to get spammed:(.

Ron McCall

Supporter
I met Dave and Doreen at the Vegas Pantera event a couple of years ago.My wife and I hung out quite a bit with Dave and Doreen.( We gave them a ride back to the hotel when Dave had a slight parts failure on his GT40) . They are both GREAT people and Faith and I wish them BOTH a speedy recovery.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Prayers and positive energy focused in their direction for a speedy recovery....

An update from the San Diego Pantera Club (SDP):

====

Spoke to Michelle. Looks like Dave is headed home in a few days, Doreen a bit longer.
Both have broken lower limbs, so neither will be driving for a while.

====

I'm so glad to hear that their injuries are non-life-threatening, although it will be a nuisance for both of them to be hobbling around for the near future. Things could be worse though, so I'm sure they're counting their blessings!

The members of SDP are stepping forward and volunteering to take turns bringing dinner to the house for them so they don't have to be up and around themselves. So far people have volunteered every day through August 19th, and more will be coming forward soon.

Is that a great group of people, or what? :thumbsup:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

Hoping you and Doreen have a speedy recovery and are in the best of health soon.

T.

Just spoke to Dave. He has a small fracture in his ankle, a small fracture in his C2 vertebrae he said not too bad but will keep him down for a couple of months. Doreen has broken femur and fractured ankle. They was just getting back from hot august nights and driving at normal road speed when his cell phone which was sat on the sill slipped of into the foot well, he had his seat belts on and tried to reach down for the phone moving the steering, clipped the side and then hit a tree he told me his car was working perfectly and in spite of heavy damage it stood up well safety wise to the hit. He is already talking of doing the repairs and ordering up though me a new racer so he is sounding good. Bloody cell phones and trees are always in the wrong places. What a great guy. To both you two get well soon. Roy & Peggy Sue

Last edited:
Just spoke to Dave. He has a small fracture in his ankle, a small fracture in his C2 vertebra he said not too bad but will keep him down for a couple of months. Doreen has broken femur and fractured ankle. They was just getting back from hot august nights and driving at normal road speed when his cell phone which was sat on the sill slipped of into the foot well, he had his seat belts on and tried to reach down for the phone moving the steering, clipped the side and then hit a tree he told me his car was working perfectly and inspite of heavy damage it stood up well safty wise to the hit. He is already talking of doing the repairs and ordering up though me a new racer so he is sounding good. Blody cell phones and trees are always in the wrong places. What a grate guy. To both you two get well soon. Roy & Peggy Sue

Never having met you I still feel like I know you from reading your posts.
I am glad it was not more serious, both will rover quickly and be back enjoying doing what gives you the most pleasure.
God speed with recovery and toss the cell phone or have it permenantely wired into the car.
Mort

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Looking forward to your happy face behind the wheel as soon as you desire which won't be long, we know. You have a great community of friends here so just give the word and we're there.

David, your voice here is always a welcome contribution and we will miss it for sure even for this brief time while you heal.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I met Dave at Concorso last year and also got to know what the rest of you do–that he's a great guy with lots to share and he has time for any and all. Doreen was not nearby, but she sounds like a great lady.

My very best wishes to both Dave & Doreen for a quick and thorough recovery.

Thanks for the updates Mike & Roy!

Mark

dave / doreen, with this information, i guess seeing if you want to come by on sunday to work on my 40 is out of the question : (
that said, get well soon and say hi to doreen. all the best
cal

Back