Delivery of SL-R

Fran, you mentioned that the lead time for the Superlite Roadster was going to have a one week lead time by June not too long ago. I think I'd like to trade my couple month lead time program to this one week 'Superlite Superfast' program. Just kidding... I know you've been a busy boy and having customers keep on switching their orders probably doesn't help speed things up either. If the delay is just waiting on parts I would rather have the car now and have the delayed parts shipped later.

From the pictures taken of BT's car, it looks like there will be more work to finish the car than I had previously imagined. I'm guessing things like radiators and fenders were hiding somewhere in the back.

Anyways, the car has turned out great. I'm excited to see pictures of my car!

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Nice choice for transport, Chad. You won't be disappointed.

T.

p.s. - great car, too!

HMMMMMM might have to road trip to the other side of the state just to see it. That is awesome Chad best of luck.

Scott, you're more than welcome to come take a look at it. Karlo is also coming over from Boise to come look at it and lend a hand.

BT ...yes it does

Yeah!!!! Man, what an afternoon.
First I get an architectural committee approval for a design that has been rejected twice previously, and now I find out I'm getting the black seats I had hoped for. Thanks for making my day Fran!
Hope you have a good weekend, I know I will.
:D
BT

The SL-R has arrived!!! It was Christmas in June. The car looks excellent and Rich's Transport company did an excellent job delivering the car. Doug was very friendly and carefuly with the cars. Now the fun really begins with putting this thing together. All I can say is it's very intimidating and exciting at the same time. I might be on here more and more with lots of questions for you guys. Here's some pictures from today. I really like how the black body and red seats turned out.

Attachments

• SL-R 030.jpg
    SL-R 030.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 449
  • SL-R 033.jpg
    SL-R 033.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 397
  • SL-R 022.jpg
    SL-R 022.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 433
  • SL-R 017.jpg
    SL-R 017.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 369
Bill, what kind of power goes in that little demon?

With that kind of bodywork I guess that comparisons to the Ariel Atom are inevitable. Any idea if you're aiming for the same kind of (impressive) performance?

Cliff,
The F1 nose is actually very different to an A**m
We have done this one too..the Grand Prix...as shown is the gelcoat finish

Attachments

• slr vintage.jpg
    slr vintage.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 352
  • slr vintage 2.jpg
    slr vintage 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 321
Bill, what kind of power goes in that little demon?

With that kind of bodywork I guess that comparisons to the Ariel Atom are inevitable. Any idea if you're aiming for the same kind of (impressive) performance?

It takes pretty much any inline 4 (or maybe a rotor) front wheel drive platform. I have the Honda K20Z3 from an 06 Civic Si. It is 200 hp NA factory stock, so with an improved intake, exhaust, and header I should be around the 220 mark similar to the non-supercharged Ariel product. The weights and dimensions are comparable, although the suspension on the SL-R is a much more practical double wishbone with outboard shocks. I like the look of the SL-R a little better, and obviously the price of the Sl-R puts it within reasonable reach. I have to put in some sweat equity, but I just put A/C in my garage, so maybe there will be a little less sweat involved!
:D
BT

Chad,

Congrats on that thing.....looks like it could be one sexy Autox machine. Whatcha gonna put in it? KA or a srt motor? If looking for pieces and parts there are lots of import guys over here I have good connections with.

Scott,

I've got a K20A (220 hp) all ready to go. I'm actually looking for some new engine mounts right now, I really like the looks of those billet ones. The mounts that are from the engine look pretty shabby and since you can see the mounts I want them to look nice.

I'm still waiting for quite a few parts so there's not too much I can do right now, but I hope to be able to auto-x before the summer is over.

Back