Votes: 74 26.6%
  • 56-65

Votes: 58 20.9%
  • 66-75

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Over 75

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I got my Cobra when I was 20. It was a dream car. The SAAC people did a survey at the time (1972), and I was the youngest. After I got the Cobra fixed up, I vowed that my next dream car would be a GT40 before I was 40!

Well, I am 14 years past where I wanted to be, and still no GT40. But a recent post by Hi-Tech Auto regarding RHD and a sill mounted shifter is sure motivating me on.

Regardless, I will be a GT40 fan forever.

Gary Kadrmas

I'm two days past my 46th birthday, and like Gary K., I still don't
have a 40 in my garage. I have a formula car and CRG kart, but
no 40 for several more years. I have a son heading to college in less than four years and the money needs to go there first. I really enjoy reading
all of you're posts and hope everyone continue's to feed my addiction. Thanks again!

Mark

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
OhioMark said:
I'm two days past my 46th birthday, .... I have a son heading to college in less than four years and the money needs to go there first. Mark

Mark -
I can certainly relate. From 1998 to 1994 I was putting my older sons through Denver University and Kansas State. I made a similar series of decisions to help my family. So, you're in good company here and the fortunate thing about the 40 is... it's timeless. There will be a lot of good cars for you when you're ready.

29 for me hope to start building a gt40 before i am 30 just as soon as I have finished my supercharged triumph herald project. Had a 7.2 mopar big block 32b ford when I was 27 as i had always wanted one so a gt40 next.

Stefan:

A 7.2 Liter Triumph Herald? You have to be putting us on? How
would you ever get one to fit in that engine bay? Plus, what
type of tranny did you use etc.......? Thanks!

Mark

You young'uns got lotsa time to play w. cars yet! 63 in Jan, been drivin' mine since 1996, on track last month terrorizing the Porsches (track day...not racing...I may be old but I ain't stupid, or at least too cheap to risk the big bucks).:)

OhioMark

The 7.2 was in a rep 32b ford roadster the herald uses the original engine but with shorrock super charger, Had a rover v8 and 5speed in a herald once, that went well. I know of at least 3 heralds in the uk with american v8s and one of them is a bbc not mine though, i wish.

53 Still looking and can't wait till I can order one. It doesn't seem to matter what your age is, the antisipation of getting a 40 makes me feel like a kid again.

31 here, ordered my RF (#134) mid January last year (had no idea of what was to come) and picked it up as the gates were closing. Looking forward to driving it in late Jan or early Feb 07.

I just turned 60, had my GT 40 1 year and loving it very much. this is my 2nd best car I have had.
first on the list was a YENKO vette, 1967, sold it befor things got crazy. If I still had that car, I could retire!!! I bought it for $12,500 believe it or not, I still cry over that one.

I've loved cars since I was 3 and only happy I grew older. The older you become the better cars you can afford. Started off with a Sierra Cosworth, then fell in love with the BMW M3 (E30) and have two at the moment for trackdays. One with original engine, one being converted with 5,7 V8 LS1 engine and 425 hp.
At the moment I'm 38 and hope to finish my GT40 research in time to get one before or when I turn 40. Shouldn't be too difficult, I hope.

John

I responded to this previously, but I can't help it....................

Like so many members have stated, GT40s are timeless. Ages seem to vary, but who cares! Seeing one makes you feel young again.................

.................Kind of like your eyes, when you walk into a Hooters!!!!!!!

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
I'm 55.

Well I saw my first real GT40 in 1969 and vowed I would have one at some in the future.

So in 2006 after 6 other cars I thought it was now or never picked up DRB #68 which is now almost complete.

Should be on the road within the next few months before christmas.

Dimi

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
WOW..Ha Ha Ha Ha...I got shoes OLDER than most of "You dudes"...
66 in December...

I know what you mean John; I have a pair of Stetson dress shoes I bought when I was 14 years old, and I'm now 56. I've worn them to both of my weddings, and will wear them when they put me in my casket.

I remember very well my father giving me a hard time for spending the princely sum of $44 on these shoes in 1964, and I promised him I would take very good care of them if he would let me keep them.

Dad if you're reading this from up above, thanks again; I hope I've lived up to my promise. :)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I'm 28. Working at a performance shop is one of the coolest jobs one could ask for. You get to see and drive most of the vehicles you work on and the customers are always more than willing to take you for a nice drive if they don't want you driving it. Haha But most of the customer want you to go beat their cars because they're proud of what they have. I'm glad I've been given this opportunity, just wish it paid me more!!!!

Back