Digital Dashes

The Koso dash has really grown on me of late but the idea of having to add extra gauges for volts and for oil pressure has not. Is it possible to put these add-on gauges around the main cluster or must they be placed in the center console?

I know Digi Dash and Mimod have been mentioned in threads before and are certainly still options, but has anyone had any experience with the Haltech Racepak? I can't find dimensions so I can't tell if it will fit (the pdf files on their website won't load properly for me for some reason) and I am not sure if I like the overall layout (I prefer the multi-colored display of the Koso over the monchrome packages like digi and haltech) but it does monitor pretty much everything all in a single package.

Thanks

The digidash fits the cutout area perfectly. Not many other units will (e.g., racepak won't), so it will either look out of place or you'll have to do a lot of fiberglass work to get it to where it can look good.

The IQ3 is 4.1" x 7.3"
Thanks for the dimensions. Def too big to plug it right in.

Doc
the Digi Dash 2 appear to do everything you want
ETB Instruments - DD2-PRO PLUS
Ian

Ian, I agree. I just don't like the look of the digi dash. Maybe I will change my mind when I see it in person but I think I will stick with the Koso or possibly the Mimod set up.

The digidash fits the cutout area perfectly. Not many other units will (e.g., racepak won't), so it will either look out of place or you'll have to do a lot of fiberglass work to get it to where it can look good.

Thanks Alex. I'm not planning on doing extensive glass work on the dash just to fit the racepak in. Truth be told, I don't like it too much but when my friend brought it up I thought I'd check it out.

Doc, Alex, any others...Is it physically possible to stick the extra gauges req'd with the Koso in the driver area (ie not center console area) while keeping the look 'clean'?

Thanks for the dimensions. Def too big to plug it right in.

Ian, I agree. I just don't like the look of the digi dash. Maybe I will change my mind when I see it in person but I think I will stick with the Koso or possibly the Mimod set up.

Thanks Alex. I'm not planning on doing extensive glass work on the dash just to fit the racepak in. Truth be told, I don't like it too much but when my friend brought it up I thought I'd check it out.

Doc, Alex, any others...Is it physically possible to stick the extra gauges req'd with the Koso in the driver area (ie not center console area) while keeping the look 'clean'?

Here is a picture of the dash from when I aws playing around with the idea of gauges

dash1-2.jpg

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Has anyone looked into the Stack ST8130 Street-legal Dash Display
< STACK ST8130 Street-legal >? I like the center mount analog tach and it has all of these features plus some available options:
Tachometer
Speedometer
Odometer & Trip meter
Oil & Fuel Pressure readout
Water & Oil Temperature readout
Volt Meter
Fuel Level
Infrared Lap Timing
Predictive Lap Timing
Peak Value Tell-Tales on all monitored parameters
Intelligent Alarms on all monitored parameters
Separate low fuel level light

Obviously, due to its shape it wouldn't plug right into the dash opening but the size is reasonable at 7.48" wide by 3.82" tall so it wouldn't require that much fiberglass work.

Here's another option:
< http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/(S(jkvx5mje2rupj2a51g25nvot))/design/dashsystem/default.aspx >though fitment could be more of a challenge due to the shape.

Just throwing these out there as additional options.

Dave L

Last edited:
I looked at the Stack. It's popular with the Ultima crowd. And it displays more data including oil pressure.

But despite the "street legal" moniker, as far as I can tell, it lacks the kind of things a street legal car needs, like turn signal indicators, high beam indicators, a CEL light, etc-- all of which is included in the Koso. You could add those as separate indicator lights, but then you'd have a separate set of LEDs or other lights that wouldn't look nearly as professional and integrated as the Koso. It also has a non-linear tach, which I don't like on the street.

I think the Spa set is way too big to fit in the left binnacle, even with a serious amount of FG work, if you want to stay within the overall dimensions of the existing part. Of course, it's just fiberglass, so you could make a new dash and put lots of gauges in, as at least one builder has already done. But that's hard to do and still look OEM.

Having driven a car with the Koso, I really like it. I'll be using that in my car.

Alex, I fitted the Aim Pixa Pro dash to my Seven, it did everything I wanted had all the usual features, indacators , hi beam, low water,hi water temp, low oil pres lights etc. you can configure the lights to do what ever you want, plus its a data logger and I fitted a GPS to it for track mapping, amongst other thing. plus all the usual didgital displays etc and all for a good price. worth checking out.
stickfitted.jpg

cheers John

Alex, I fitted the Aim Pixa Pro dash to my Seven, it did everything I wanted had all the usual features, indacators , hi beam, low water,hi water temp, low oil pres lights etc. you can configure the lights to do what ever you want, plus its a data logger and I fitted a GPS to it for track mapping, amongst other thing. plus all the usual didgital displays etc and all for a good price. worth checking out.

cheers John

It's a lot easier to fit something when your dash is a flat piece of carbon fiber. See my picture above - you arn't fitting that in it. Yes, it's only fiberglass and it can be modified, but not all of us have the skill to modify the area to fit it and not have the dash look like POS when we're finished.

Alex the Aim dash mounts on the dash, not recessed into it, looking at the dash panel in your pic my thoughts would be it would be a very close fit, all specs etc are on their site.
cheers John

Malcolm

Supporter
Race Technologies do digital dashes that do everything including indicators etc. They also do a version with built in data loggers.....

Here is a picture of the dash from when I aws playing around with the idea of gauges

dash1-2.jpg

Thanks Alex, this helps clear it up. I keep forgetting that the driver is moved more midline in the car so the center console is much closer than on my Tundra pickup! Are you planning on flush-mounting your gauges? Have you thought about mounting them angling toward the driver a little bit?

I just noticed the convenient placement of large dumbbells in the background so we recognize Alex is strong!

Thanks Alex, this helps clear it up. I keep forgetting that the driver is moved more midline in the car so the center console is much closer than on my Tundra pickup! Are you planning on flush-mounting your gauges? Have you thought about mounting them angling toward the driver a little bit?

No - I was playing around with ideas. I ended up using the digidash. It does everything mentioned in this thread, and then some. The only thing it doesn't have is an analogue tach, but you get over that pretty quickly. I think it comes down to - do you want something that looks like it fits the car's image and maps everything but has no needle for a tachometer, something that does have a needle but is missing 2 gauges and kinda looks like it belongs on a motorcycle or something else that won't fit and will require fibgerglass work.

Long story short, I'm happy I opted to use the digidash. Plus the support from John (ETB/Digidash) and Chet (US distributor) is awesome.

dash1-5.jpg

I just noticed the convenient placement of large dumbbells in the background so we recognize Alex is strong!

Hot girls hot girls where r u......
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/new_towels.jpg
(due to the unlikely nature of finding hot girls on this forum I have saved you all by just linking my last pic and not embedding it, hah!)

Alex is practicing for the arrival of his LS engine. He does not have an engine lift!

Oh no no, I have an engine lift, see, it also doubles with some plywood as an engine stand :D

enginestandofdeath.jpg

Back