Does somebody know this car

Hi guys,

while surfing the web looking for a Mark IV Kit, I found this advertisement
Ford GT 40 Mk IV Replica For Sale (1967) on Car And Classic UK

Does somebody know from what kit this was made of ?
If I am not totally wrong, the backend seems to be a Jaguar ? Look at the brakes !
The seller doesn't know what the brand is :-/

Also the price of 175k seems to be fairly high ?

I know Fran is doing a Mark IV but the kit seems to be older ....

Cheers
(C)arlos

Its a one of built by Ross? Baker I think who used to have a F/Glass business in the Nth Island of NZ & built several Race & road cars under the name of 'Heron'. Russ Noble raced against several of them in decades past:). It was a scratch build as such & IIRC the transaxle at build time was comprised of possibly Citroen & Boat VEE Drive gears.

Google Heron Cars/ Ross Baker & specify New Zealand & see what you get, there was several pages plus a couple on this particular car a few years ago..

that pictures look dam close to it, thx a lot..and the page says it runs a Chevrolet ( brrrr :) ) .....Do you know if there is another manufacture selling MKIV ..????

Hi Carlos

Interested in a Mark 4

we talked about this car already a few weeks ago on the forum, i posted there, but i can not find the thread anymore, nor my post. Strange.

Anyway Mark 4´s are awsome in design if you see them in flesh.
Check the RCR section for pics and Big B´s build log

TOM

Hi guys,
thx a lot for the all the posts. I bought my second GT40 ( And old GTD frame and body ) and will this finish it soon. As soon as it is ready I am selling it and I will go for a Mark IV.

@TOM, Yes the RCR pictures look great, I would love to get one :)
Any Idea how heavy the car will be ?

Cheers
(C)arlos

Keith

Hey Mr Skeleton! I think you are right - it is expensive. This car has been continuously for sale it seems for about 6 years that I know of and apart from a colour change from white to red looks pretty much the same to me. I think last time I looked, 4-5 years ago it was white, in Belgium and for sale at around £40,000 so a bit of a price hike for a paint job!

Chevy powered? Noooooo.... :annoyed:

Not wishing to advertise but RCR can do one cheaper and probably much better, but watch out for Mr Hall sticking those blasted bow tie motors in them - I think he is having an affair with the General! :laugh:

Hey Mr Skeleton! I think you are right - it is expensive. This car has been continuously for sale it seems for about 6 years that I know of and apart from a colour change from white to red looks pretty much the same to me. I think last time I looked, 4-5 years ago it was white, in Belgium and for sale at around £40,000 so a bit of a price hike for a paint job!

Chevy powered? Noooooo.... :annoyed:

Not wishing to advertise but RCR can do one cheaper and probably much better, but watch out for Mr Hall sticking those blasted bow tie motors in them - I think he is having an affair with the General! :laugh:

Hang on a second....so more then a 100k for a paintjob ? I am in the wrong business. :)

yes I looked at the RCR kit, it is very nice and I am going to consider it after the GTD is ready for sale ( which will take around 12-15 month from now ) ....but I like the shape a lot....downside is, I have no idea how much you have to invest....I know it for my TS40 which went from basic kit to street legal for around 33k ( minus painting, still to be done ) but I assume the Mark IV will be more expensive ( and worth every penny :) )

Cheers
(C)arlos

Back