Does this look like an original car?

Or a replica….

95185FE0-4A7C-48E8-A91F-7E15F33D2BD7.jpeg
98FAC933-B5A1-416A-B63F-43B877E18E2C.jpeg
B7F817DA-D92B-4F01-AF39-10BB0DE7008D.jpeg
EDB87285-D844-42D2-9851-E68476B5B67B.jpeg

It has too many modern features to be an original Mk I. To me, the bundle of snakes exhaust has too many right angles. The coolant tank has the wrong shape. No center latch for the tail. Has a CV joint on the transaxle. ...

Fake valve covers. Genuine Gurney Weslake heads and valve covers are a different shape. Replica manufacturers are happy to sell these but no original car I saw had them, usually plain steel covers.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Looks like Linden Green, looks like a Simpson exhaust, so I think it is the SGT built by Martin Gough and now owned by Eric Lebreton in France.
Cheers
Mike

I’m pretty sure I now own the exhaust system off this car (probably changed to quieten it down when it went abroad) it’s a beautiful system with swappable “silencers” and megaphones……problem is, it was built to fit a SGT and as the standard GTD has its engine/box higher, it just won’t fit……am debating if I should re-engineer the chassis to drop the engine/box or sell the zorsts and get a new set made to suit…. A new set from Simpson are 3.5K + !!!!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Prob best to sell it. A few SGTs around in build. A new crossover exhaust can be had for reasonable money.
Cheers
Mike

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
SGT has all the GTD setup to build you an exhaust. Last I saw Keith had built a few sets.
If that exhaust came from a car with s ZF the engine sits further forward and 25mm lower compared to a UN1.

Sadly, Mick is snowed under with work and will not be able to undertake any more work before he retires ( I asked him for various different things including a SGT rear end)
Simon

Back