Done from China

Dear All, this is Done from China, I know China is less auto atmospere compare to western and Au as well, but I am personally a car fun, I love the 67 mustangs, the Lotus 7s, especially the guys in LocostUSA, they are fantasticly tallented on building various 7s. and I also loves Lambos. I was think of, just think right now, to put a 1UZ + 016 ( Audi 6 speed manual will be the best) onto some kind of sports car. after sourcing the transaxles I found GT40, which is a lovely and technially enthusatic forum. thank you guys, I hope we will be able to see more of your discussions and learn a lot.

All the best to you!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40's Vince....

Glad to see that the GT40 / Automotive enthusiast infection has reached China!

Hi, Guys, thanks for your reply.

I am in the est part of China, Zhejiang province. Ningbo, more specificly.

Yes, when I hand around in Locost USA forum, I found some inform on transaxle, and then finally come to GT40. I quite like this low & wide car.

And found astonishing that some guy even build 1000+, 1500+ HP 40....

Hi Done,

I have visited Ningbo on many occasions. Very nice city. My last visit was December 2009. I expect to visit again late this year. I usually stay at the Sheraton Ningbo Hotel in the Portman Plaza. Very nice.

Welcome Done,

Glad to see that you are interested in car built especially in Mainland China:thumbsup: I will be in shanghai next month for the World's Expo and the Auto Chongqing as well.

LIM

Welcome Done,

Glad to see that you are interested in car built especially in Mainland China:thumbsup: I will be in shanghai next month for the World's Expo and the Auto Chongqing as well.

LIM

Hi, Lim, great to hear from you. what are you gona do in Chongqing Auto? is it a auto show or some business?

I do not have many interest in the Expo :evil:, I have much more interest in Cars...I checked my local supplier an audi 100/5000 transaxle is 3000RMB/ 450USD, damn expensive. maybe enough to get a wrecked car under that price.

Hi, Guys, thanks for your reply.

Yep, Ningbo is a good/nice city, except the housing cost and transportation, I hate driving downtown, not moving at all.

Portman Plaza, I know there, I went there several times, pick up customers, there are 2 RR and a Lambogini, all black......wish they are mine.....

Hi, Lim, great to hear from you. what are you gona do in Chongqing Auto? is it a auto show or some business?

I do not have many interest in the Expo :evil:, I have much more interest in Cars...I checked my local supplier an audi 100/5000 transaxle is 3000RMB/ 450USD, damn expensive. maybe enough to get a wrecked car under that price.

Hi Done,Not business, just personal interest to visit exhibition, being doing this for many years. This trip will be 3 weeks, mainly visiting a few different exhibitions from different provinces. Heard about Ningbo, but never been there.

My wife was so impressed with the Maglev train speed last year, and it only travel 280km/hr that is peak hour. Hopefully this time she has the chance to feel the 431km/hr.:cool2:

LIM

I've been to Ningbo a few times, I've stayed at the hotel over the road from the exhibition hall, which I and my local colleague agreed was horrible.
The hotel in town on the other side of the square from the train station is much better.
I did wonder what what the auto-exhibition hall was for, as it was empty at the time with just a few shops open around the outside.
There's some great restaurants there don't ask me to name them though!

Back