Duncans GT-Forte Scratch Build

Thanks for the encouragement. Hadnt considered anodizing, very hard wearing, but i assume its not good at covering minor scratches etc?

Progress wise not too much to report, knocked up an electrolysis rust removal kit for the total cost of 69p ( some washing soda from the supermarket) with an old power supply and offcut from the chassis build. Been cleaning up the granada bits i bought off ebay...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 719
As I havent managed to find any black sealed rivets i 3d printed a jig to hold them upright, etch primered and painted them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 690
Also been panelling, though messed up two panels in a row today, some not much to report. Humph. Slipped with the shear on the second one, it was perfect otherwise. Still hammering it flat to use as a template was quite satisfying! Xx

NickD

Supporter
Yep,

I've also enjoyed bashing the ones I messed up just to get them back as a template - definitely an enjoyable experience, can really overdo it on that front ;-)

As i'm panelling all the way to the radiator I want to add some vents to stop hot air being forced into the cabin. Decided to try 3d printing a custom dimple die. Same deal with routing the cutout, using the female as a template.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 636
End result tested on some scrap. Fairly happy, but going to remove the rads to increase the definition, and maybe make a bit deeper. Very happy though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 679
Bit more panelling. Working hard to reduce number of joints between panels and fold over adjacent panels to avoid trim pieces where possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 549
Laying out the panels over the footwell. Aiming to make these as a single piece and fold over all the edges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 503
Big day Saturday - 425mile round trip to collect the bodywork from Darren at GT Forte. Glad I took a LWB van! Thank you to Darren for the bodywork and the help loading...

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 847
Back