Dzus Fasteners

All,

Here is a PDF of the CAD and tool path. We are going to make a few in 4130 and SS on saturday.

Attachments

• 64422-DzusTab.JPG
    64422-DzusTab.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 397
All,

I have made a run of these on Saturday, and boy did I use up a big favor from George. We ran a few test samples in tile to verify the size and pattern. Then we ran 200 SS with connecting pins, 200 4130 with out connecting pins and 200 4130 with connecting pins. Here is a picture with top row being 4130 without connecting pin, next row 4130 with connecting pin, third row SS with connecting pin and last row being SS after cleanup of edge.

Attachments

• 64537-DzusFasteners001.jpg
    64537-DzusFasteners001.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 409
Richard,

They look great. Nice job. Thanks to you and George and Sandy for your efforts.

Did you happen to take any pictures while you were making them? Might be cool to see how it was done.

I would like 8 of the 4130 without the tabs. Please let me know the price and where to send it.

Shiny!

Now that they're actually being produced, what are the costs? Are they still less than a quarter each?

All,

The SS ones are .25 each not polished and .35 polished. I will post a picture of how they look polished.

The 4130 with or without pins are .20 each.

Plus postage.

Just PM me your order, address and where you want them shipped. I will send them out and give you a total.

Tell you all what, just make a donation to this site for the amount and indicate it was for the Dzus handles.

All,

Here is the order list. I have not send any out as works got me busy doing billing changes for Katrina.

Brian McCarthy
4 polished ss without
16 polished ss with

Pedro D. Peguero
10 4130 will
10 4130 without

Tim Moore
12 4130 (not sure which though)

John Ross
10 SS without
10 4130 without (delivered as he stoped by last night)

Ian Anderson
4 polished SS
4 SS

Sandy Ganz
12 SS Polished
12 4130

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Richard,

I need to order but I'm not quite sure which I need, tab or no tab. What is the purpose of the 'tab'?

If you have a pic of both attached to the zues it may help.

Tim,

It seems that the original cars had the tab and it fit into a slot on the dzus, and a pin slipped through tab to hold it in place. I plan on just having mine welded to the dzus.

On my RF the Dzus fasteners slot runs on a 45 degree angle to the cars center line. So these tabs would look wrong. Check the alignment of your fasteners before proceeding. They may be able to be be realigned to a north / south position, but I have not tried. Regards

You have a point Norman, I too thought about that a while back, looking at my car. From my memory , only one may post a alignment problem, I would think it can be re-engineered with a backing plate or something. I also might think one could use a smaller size Dzus than the RF supplied ones, that might solve the problem , as the spring is smaller and would have more room to be "re-clocked" Dan

Its not a problem at all. Just turn it the way you want and drill your holes. It does make mounting the keeper a bit of a challenge. I have the keepers mounted on all 4 of mine and they hold fine. I will have to add a bit of fiberglass material under some of the keepers just so it will appear that it was planned to be installed that way. If you look at the picture closely, you can see the "dimple" in the gel coat of the stock location.

BTW, has anyone received their tabs from Richard yet?

DSC00803.jpg

Dan I was meaning cars with their already installed. I would not want to relocate and fill holes. Regards

Dan ,,,Dan,, which Dan,, where is Bill,, Bill,,which Bill,,, sorry couldnt help it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Has anyone received their tabs yet? I haven't seen or heard anything from Richard for a month.
Hope everything is ok.

Back