Dzus Fasteners

All,

I am sorry, but have not mailed anything out yet. I have been on the road and working many hours. I plan on getting out the first batch this week. I hope this did not cause problems with anybody.

Richard,

No problem here. To much work is a direct violation of leisure time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Richard,

Did you ever get any of these out? If you need any help with mailing them let me know.

Sandy

Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
RTIMTE said:
All,

I am sorry, but have not mailed anything out yet. I have been on the road and working many hours. I plan on getting out the first batch this week. I hope this did not cause problems with anybody.

Richard -

Have you had a chance to get any of the fobs ship?

Sandy

Sandy
You should have no problem having those cut if you have any connections with someone who does any machining. Most of these guys know someone, or know them well enough to get a small job like that sent thru. If there us already a drawing made in Autocad or some of the other high powered CAD programs there should be no setup charge-the tool paths can be interpolated right from a copy on disc, which should save a little. I hope this helps. Waterjet is probably the way to go to eliminate a lot of finishing afterward, but you may also want to check into having them laser cut since it looks like they will need polishing anyway.
Cheers
Phil

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I have the CAD, that is not the problem. Richard had them made and all I think it is just for him to get some time to mail them out. Just checking to see what ever happend, and if anyone has got any of them.

Sandy

Real ones...

79878-Demisters%26Squirters2.jpg

So Richard, do you still have some? I'd love to get 2 sets of 8 if possible...

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ok, not sure what happened to Richard, but I have the fobs cad all done as per the original (as close as I can do it). The local water jetter is quoting about 2.75 for each plus ship for Qth 100. So figure about $3 per fob.

I will hit this up my self if some interest still exist, otherwise I'll just make a few by hand... well a plasma cutter and a grinder ;)

I anyone is interested send me a message either here or by PM and as long as a few folks have interest I'll do the order asap. (Bob you are still on for a couple of sets as discussed).

The last question is thickness of the material (4130 sheet). They have EITHER 0.063" or 0.080 (+/- 0.009"). This is really the only question other then do you want one. I am more inclined to go with the 0.080" and do a bit of grinding if needed but the 0.063 would be fine if strong enough to resist bending.

As soon as I get some feedback I'll let you know what's up.

Thanks

Sandy

Attachments

• Fob.gif
    Fob.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 438

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I have a question, guys. I have no 40 kit yet, but would be interested in joining in on this venture if I could get an idea of where these would be useful when I do get the kit. I realize they are useful for the nostril, but that is only 4 of them. Where else would you be using these?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies! Just trying to figure out how many to order.

Doug

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bob Putnam said:
My notes say 14g (.075").

Yes, that is my preferred size as well (14g), but the place stocks the 0.063 and the 0.080 material. I can get the material shipped if it is important to get that size, but as I recall the slots for the 2 common fastners sizes (5/6) are either 0.062 or 0.081 from dscif's site. I can't find the old DZUS brand specs for the (EHF6) but that's what I know. Bob is it a problem for you if they are .080"?

Thanks

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
YerDugliness said:
I have a question, guys. I have no 40 kit yet, but would be interested in joining in on this venture if I could get an idea of where these would be useful when I do get the kit. I realize they are useful for the nostril, but that is only 4 of them. Where else would you be using these?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies! Just trying to figure out how many to order.

Doug

I only know about the 4 for the hood, but I think that in the picture that I saw they may have had 6. Not sure if for spares, that was at http://www.racingicons.com/gt/details.htm scroll down you will see the pictures.

HTH

Sandy

Sandy said:
Yes, that is my preferred size as well (14g), but the place stocks the 0.063 and the 0.080 material. I can get the material shipped if it is important to get that size, but as I recall the slots for the 2 common fastners sizes (5/6) are either 0.062 or 0.081 from dscif's site. I can't find the old DZUS brand specs for the (EHF6) but that's what I know. Bob is it a problem for you if they are .080"?

Thanks

Sandy

My experience with material thickness is that it's never much above the minimum spec. A "nominal" .080" will come in right around .075"

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Sandy

Some people have 6 Dzus

4 at corners of nostril
2 at rear of front clip near windscreen to assist holding it down - stopping flex at speed (either side of the center Naca duct)

I cannot remember if originals had the last 2 or not - time to defer to the historians

Ian

All,

I have not posted here in a long time due to the shit that has been going on in this forum (RF bashing by people that are not RF customers and the notorious Oliver crap). Well now that all that is over I am back. I have Stainless and 4130 Tabs and would like to just send the whole lot to someone to handle the distribution of them (any volunteers). Like I stated before I do not want anything for them (I have about 100.00 total in them and one big favor I called in). Well I have 200 4130 without tabs, 150 4130 with tabs and 120 Stainless with tabs.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Dzus tabs order/recent changes in forum S/N w/o Oliver

Sandy--thanks for the helpful information. As cheap as they will be, I'll just order enough to have a few spares. Even if I never use them, the cost will be a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of completing the GT kit, and if I do get to use them they look quite cool!

Whoever is organizing this effort, please include me for 10 of the fastener tabs. I'll keep an eye on this thread and will send my $$ soon as a contact is identified. Thanks!!

RTIMTE--I was waiting for an opportunity to mention how much better the signal to noise ratio has been since Oliver departed, and your mention of the whole issue gives me that opening. I didn't register with the forum until the RF fiasco was at full head, so I don't know much about the events that lead up to Oliver's eventual (second) banishment, but I do notice that there is much more GT40 talk in the forum now than when Oliver was contributing. I was the target of a rather rude PM from him, so needless to say I don't miss him, either. At any rate, I understand some members with good things to contribute have retreated from the forum, much like you say you have, and here's hoping they will return, too.

Doug

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Richard, I'll gladly handle all the shipping and coordination. I would have to do it anyways :) Shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
IanAnderson said:
Sandy

Some people have 6 Dzus

4 at corners of nostril
2 at rear of front clip near windscreen to assist holding it down - stopping flex at speed (either side of the center Naca duct)

I cannot remember if originals had the last 2 or not - time to defer to the historians

Ian

Ian, I should have just looked at the last posted photo, it has them not on the hood, but exactly where you said :)

Thanks for the info, and keep it coming!

Sandy

Back