Engine Bay Picture Requests....

Andrew

Supporter
Hi all,

I'm busy tweaking and reworking my engine bay area reducing the amount of shiny parts fitted (personal preference and all that!) I'd love to see your engine bays - fully polished show winner or otherwise! Would be great to see how your guys have created your perfect vision of what a '40s engine should look like ;-)

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Mine.
Left.jpg
Rear.jpg
Right.jpg

Hi Magnus, where did you find that fuel accumulator / pump arrangement? (sorry for the thread diversion)

Hello
I bought it for more than 10 years when I start building my GT40. Now when I look at their webpage it seems like the fuel catch tank is gone. It is for 2 Bosch 044 fuel pumps.
Here is the company that I bought from
www.igmab.com

@Doc Watson what is the extra cutout used for on the left/port side of the vehicle on yours. i know the Alternator usually runs across to the right side where the belt clearance is. Did the street cars have an extra belt for something?

Ryan

Attachments

• Mono191121 001.JPG
    Mono191121 001.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 570
Gary,

Are the lines coming off the valve covers just going to a catch can?

I believe my 496 FE has too much internal pressure, and I wonder if this set up would help with oil weeping from just about everywhere.

E
The oil vapors are pulled out via a lines to back of the carb plate and one in each exhaust pipe near the rear you can see.

And another engine bay Andrew. Mine's a bit different to most.
Cheers, Lance.

Attachments

• Engine Bay Left.JPG
    Engine Bay Left.JPG
    538.4 KB · Views: 480
  • Engine Bay Rear.JPG
    Engine Bay Rear.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 447
  • Engine Bay Right.JPG
    Engine Bay Right.JPG
    523.2 KB · Views: 452

Jeff P2302

Supporter
Here's a few. I need an OEM backfire plate to finish it off similar to the one in post #754 of Jimmymac's
build thread if anyone knows where I can get one. I have the carb standoffs already.

Jeff in western NC

Attachments

• DSC01877.JPG
    DSC01877.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC01879.JPG
    DSC01879.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 358
Back